VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody !!

Just wondering and trying to get ideas for dinners - what is your guys favourite recipe ?

Thanks !

Sprout

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
My favorite recipe is my thai tofu recipe

I've posted it a few times. If you want it and can't find it, I can post it again

My Lasagna recipe is also up there

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Thai-inspired Red Bean and Sweet Potato stew. It's quick, easy, and oh-so-yummy.

Let me know if you want me to post the recipe.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by muppetcow

Thai-inspired Red Bean and Sweet Potato stew. It's quick, easy, and oh-so-yummy.

Let me know if you want me to post the recipe.
I'd like to try it. Could please post the recipe muppetcow?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oneness

shepards pie thread has several of mine.
Yeh i looooovvvvvvvvvvveeeee how it all vegans shepards pie but i think you've all heard that before

Plus all sorts of bread/toast: garlic bread, sun dried tomato garlic bread, pestio bread, and herb bread

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ok, here it is...my famous Thai-inspired Red Bean and Sweet Potato Stew recipe. I got this from Vegetarian Times about 6 years ago and don't really follow a strict recipe anymore, so the amounts might not be exact.

2-3 Sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed

2 cans red beans, drained and rinsed

4-5 cups of water

1 veggie bouillion cube

1 teaspoon Thai Red Curry Paste (more or less to taste--you can find this stuff in most grocery stores or in Asian markets)

Generous pinch of dried Lemon Grass (also in most grocery stores or Asian markets)

Dissolve the bouillion in the water. Add the cubed sweet potatoes and cook over medium (or so) heat for about 10 minutes. Add the curry paste, lemon grass, and beans and cook until potatoes are tender and beans are heated through.

Eat.

Couldn't be easier. Sometimes to mix things up, I'll toss in some cubed baked-pressed tofu and top with some scallions.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thanks muppetcow. I'm going to pick up some curry paste and lemongrass next shopping and give that a try. It looks so easy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
my fave is zucchini boats - more of a sidedish

take zukes and cut them in half lengthwise and gut 'em

then cut up all the insides and a bunch of other veggies all small (like, mushrooms, onion, carrot, brocolli, whatevers around, etc) and saute/steam em up with spices, load the veggie goo back into the boats (that have been pre-steamed) and put some soycheez (or feta is good for lacto-veggies) on top and pop em in the oven for a bit til the cheez is melted/browned

last time i did these, instead of steaming them (kinda makes them all limp and then they go flattish and leaky sometimes) i put toothpicks crossways thru em to keep them boatshaped and put them upside down and painted them with olive oil and crisped them a bit in the oven. it worked better. i suggest that.

also, what is awesome about zucchini boats is the leftover goo

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ok i didnt really read your post first

That wasnt a dinner..

My favourite is fried rice stuff which i make..

Tofu, veggie stock, vegetables, rice, poppy seeds... pretty much anything in!!

Danny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts