VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Just wanted to ask everyone what their all time favorite veggie burgers are? I bought two from garden burger, the chipotle black bean, and the tomato basil. I had the black bean yesterday and thought it was really good! I'm looking for more to try, or maybe make some soon that have good results from you guys? Only thing, is I'm allergic to mushrooms, which sucks as a vegetarian because it sure would be nice to make a massive grilled mushroom sandwich haha. I'm up for trying anything new. Doesn't have to be vegan, but that's also a plus if it is, any time I can eat vegan is a start!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am not near my freezer right now but it's by garden burger.. I want to say it's just the original but I can't swear to it. I only like it with vegan mayo though- plain I just wont eat it.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Gardein Ultimate Beefless Burger.
Second this! Had this last weekend grilled with mushrooms, onions, and green peppers and a delicious seedy bun. So good!

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrockstar View Post

I am not near my freezer right now but it's by garden burger.. I want to say it's just the original but I can't swear to it. I only like it with vegan mayo though- plain I just wont eat it.
Gardenburgers are my favorite, but beware. The original type is not vegan.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Second this! Had this last weekend grilled with mushrooms, onions, and green peppers and a delicious seedy bun. So good!
Did you have the veggies on the side or put them in with the burger? I wouldn't think to put mushrooms in a burger for some reason.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=7702.0

Making this right now but adding some mushroom and carrot. I made it before and it is pretty good. And I spiced it differently, a touch more curry type stuff.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Bush's Beans has a very nice (vegan) recipe for veggie burgers that I have now made countless times.

http://recipes.bushbeans.com/recipe/...n-burgers.aspx

Hint: If you have a George Foreman type grill from your meat-eating days, it works wonderfully for veggie burgers because you don't have to flip them and it cooks the outside nice and crispy which holds the insides together quite well. I use my George Foreman more now as a vegetarian than I did as a meat-eater!

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

Did you have the veggies on the side or put them in with the burger? I wouldn't think to put mushrooms in a burger for some reason.
With! I love onions, peppers, and mushrooms and will put them on anything.
I cooked them pretty wilted and they were great on this burger.

And I use my George foreman a lot, too. I like my sandwiches hot, so I press all kinds of stuff in there.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Reminds me that I need to pick up some burgers and crumbles today.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The southwest bean/grain burger with vegan cheese and some thousand island type dressing from this little vegan bistro in Venice,CA called Seed. So amazing, I'd work there for the sake of getting access to that recipe! lol. It seriously rocks my world.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts