VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay long story (kinda)short: Even though I'm going into my soph year of college my mom won't let me touch the oven/stove. Lucky for me I'm permanently moving out with my boyfriend in a little over a month. Relying on having to buy premade food in a non-vegan friendly litte town is why I have been a vegetarian and not vegan. I was going to wait until I move out to become fully vegan because I will be able to cook, but even then I will be a full time student and working 40 hrs a week and probably wont feel like cooking. I buy vegan milk/cheese, but still consume dairy/eggs in premade stuff. Sooo I am not supporting this industry in any way starting now

SOOOOO; favorite vegan snacks/candy/premade foods/etc?

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, i need my protein I can always eat my soytein though.
good suggestion though, im wondering if that'd make me lose weight because i can't afford to lose any.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

hmmm, i need my protein I can always eat my soytein though.
good suggestion though, im wondering if that'd make me lose weight because i can't afford to lose any.
You just have to keep track of how much you eat. If you ate the 30 bananas a day from the site name, you'd gain a lot of weight. That's a pretty crazy amount for the average person, though. Make sure you eat enough and your weight will be fine.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:

Okay long story (kinda)short: Even though I'm going into my soph year of college my mom won't let me touch the oven/stove. Lucky for me I'm permanently moving out with my boyfriend in a little over a month. Relying on having to buy premade food in a non-vegan friendly litte town is why I have been a vegetarian and not vegan. I was going to wait until I move out to become fully vegan because I will be able to cook, but even then I will be a full time student and working 40 hrs a week and probably wont feel like cooking. I buy vegan milk/cheese, but still consume dairy/eggs in premade stuff. Sooo I am not supporting this industry in any way starting now

SOOOOO; favorite vegan snacks/candy/premade foods/etc?
hummus with pita bread or veggies
chips/veggies/pretzels with salsa
dry cereal
popcorn
fruit salad
crackers/pita chips

Sorry but I've got to ask was there some incident where you attempted to use the stove and almost burned your house down or something? Or is your mom just really super anal about other people using the stove?

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

hummus with pita bread or veggies
chips/veggies/pretzels with salsa
dry cereal
popcorn
fruit salad
crackers/pita chips

Sorry but I've got to ask was there some incident where you attempted to use the stove and almost burned your house down or something? Or is your mom just really super anal about other people using the stove?
my mom is an evil biotch, I never had the chance to even attempt to use the stove lol
i live in fear

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkies View Post

You just have to keep track of how much you eat. If you ate the 30 bananas a day from the site name, you'd gain a lot of weight. That's a pretty crazy amount for the average person, though. Make sure you eat enough and your weight will be fine.
well clearly lol it really comes down to input/output. (in my own opinion and experience)
i cant eat a whole lot thats the problem with fruit because i'd have to eat A LOT of it

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:

my mom is an evil biotch, I never had the chance to even attempt to use the stove lol
i live in fear
Well alrighty then.

Quote:

well clearly lol it really comes down to input/output. (in my own opinion and experience)
i cant eat a whole lot thats the problem with fruit because i'd have to eat A LOT of it
There's always dried fruit. That stuff is like candy! It's so sweet and addicting. You could also dip fruit in pb or chocolate for extra calories.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Quote:

i live in fear
Can you use the microwave? If so, culinary possibilities become endless. (I don't touch the stove either, domestically challenged)

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Well then you can cook lots of things, especially things that come in cans! Amy's brand makes canned soups and chili, some of which are vegan. There are also beans, instant oatmeal, and veggieburgers that you can make.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Quote:

haha yes I'm a microwave master
Then make some stuff! Veggieburgers, soups, noodles/pasta, baked potatoes, even casseroles if you're feeling fancy! There's a few vegan cookbooks out there with chapters dedicated to microwave cuisine. PETA's college cookbook is one of them. http://www.peta2.com/cookbook/

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I do microwave veggie burgers a lot
I also do like the veggie steamers, and smart dogs.
thats about it
i make a lot of tufurky sandwiches a lot too.
..just bought a tandoori vegan microwave meal too =P i feel kinda bad when i eat all of these microwavable foods

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh and on a side note i just ate my first vegan icecream cone

trader joe's soy cherry chocolate chip ice cream on a edward & sons vegan ice cream cone
yum!
(names might be a little off im too lazy to check )

·
Registered
501 Posts
I like Nate's vegan meatballs over pasta with sauce. The mushroom flavor is fantastic! Also, if you like the hot dogs, what about vegan baked beans with sliced vegan dogs in them? Beans and franks are always easy and yummy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts