VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Vegenaise, by FAR. Look for it by the refrigerated pickles.

That said, Nasoya's "creamy" salad dressings are delish. I love their thousand island dressing - it makes the BEST vegan reubens (with sauerkraut & yves pastrami)!!

amy

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm with everyone else and vote for Vegenaise. It's WAY better than the Nasoya one.....but Nasoya makes a dijon-type sandwich spread which is pretty good (I forgot what it's called). I asked my friend who's been vegan for about 18 years how the hell she survived without Vegenaise for so many years (I think it's only been out a few years). She said that for years even the Nasoya stuff wasn't even available. I think I picked a good time to become vegan

·
Registered
811 Posts
I love Vegenaise, however, since I have recently gone Vegan (a few months ago), I am eliminating a few food to see if I have an allergic reaction to the (I am already pretty sure that I am allergic to wheat - which I have been eating since I was a child). I am currently eliminating vinegar, which is in Vegenaise....does anyone know if a good one without vinegar OR a good substitute? I'm gonna try tahini on my morning breakfast of a Vegan Boca Burger on Ezekial bread with mixed greens and.... you guessed it.....VEGENAISE! ARRRRGH. I have a suspicion that I am sensative to all sorts of stuff which I would explain why I feel so crappy and tired so much of the time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
weird, i used to be a miracle whip girl but i've always been confused about which alternative is supposed to taste like it. maybe i waited too long in between going vegan and trying them, so i forgot what it's supposed to taste like.

i really like vegenaise better now, but it's not as easy for me to get.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.