VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Definitely GZ for "upscale". Karyn's Cooked is very beautiful inside too, but not as fancy-schmancy as Green Zebra..the food is delicious though! There's also a brand new Native Foods (which I've not been able to visit) that is supposed to be fantastic: http://nativefoods.com/locations/

FWIW, my omni family loves Chicago Diner too.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Definitely GZ for "upscale". Karyn's Cooked is very beautiful inside too, but not as fancy-schmancy as Green Zebra..the food is delicious though! There's also a brand new Native Foods (which I've not been able to visit) that is supposed to be fantastic: http://nativefoods.com/locations/

FWIW, my omni family loves Chicago Diner too.
:'(

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Why is that sad?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
One of my most favorite places isn't all veg, but very vegan friendly: Pick Me Up Cafe in Belmont. Awesome neighborhood and the best breakfast ever. Also been eating a few times at Heartland Cafe on recent visits, as my sis lives close by. Definitely not "upscale", but rather earthy and with wicked awesome music.

Sigh. Chicago is a great place.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think the Heartland Cafe closed last year for multiple complains about health issues. Even if it's not, I'd stay away, it's a cool place but a bunch of people, including me, have gotten sick after eating there.

One of my favorite restaurants in Chicago is The Loving Hut, everything is vegan there and the food is amazing! Also, if he goes, he as to try the Mangolash! That one and the Chicago Dinner, but if I have to choose, I'd choose The Loving Hut.

There a also hundreds of Asian restaurants that are not strictly vegan but they'll serve substitute the meats with tofu. And Soul Vegetarian East in the South.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I don't think heartland was closed as my sis and her husband go there often. Strange about the illness.

Soul veg is fab. I could eat that carrot salad every day. Seitan ribs and sweet potato pie to die for..oh yeah.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.