VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adore sandwiches...but sometimes they can get a little dull.

What are your favorite sandwich ingredients?

I had a fabulous sandwich today.

Dark rye bread

cream cheese (do they make a vegan version of this?)

cucumbers

tomato

sprouts

mushrooms

oh my, I think I'm hungry again.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I love sandwiches!

Some of my favs....

Wheat tortilla w/ hummus, shredded carrots, and hot sauce

Chickpea salad sandwich - I mash up the chickpeas, add mayo, mustard, pickle relish, and spices, and let it sit over night. Spread on whole wheat bread, add lettuce and tomato... Yum!

Almond butter sandwiches are out of this world! I don't even add anything else, since the almond butter by itself, has such a good flavor. I'll bet it would be good with some shredded coconut though!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i got this from the moosewood cookbook and i love it

rye bread

well drained sauerkraut

green pepper slices

swiss cheese

dijon mustard

spread the mustard on bread and layer everything.

top with swiss cheez and broil till melted

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Mmm... roasted red bell pepper, grated carrots, mushed avocado, shredded lettuce, and sliced tomatoes on an onion roll. Yum. It tastes great with Spectrum vegan mayo and a little salt & pepper.

Now I'm hungry.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sad but true- I love wheat bread with margerine. That's it. Maybe I'll add some jam or something to it...to make it more like a sandwich

·
Registered
755 Posts
hm, grain_girl, your post confirmed my decision to buy me some almond butter tomorrow. i was debating over the cost, as well as my time left in my current apartment since i will be leaving soon in october and the almond butter comes in such a large bottle! but i think i shall still buy it, and toss out my leftover, dry PB
and let the newcomer rule!

·
Registered
637 Posts
galinusa - It IS pretty pricey, but it's soooo tastey! And hey, life is short, I say go for it!

I found some cashew butter the other day, and I just had to try that too! I couldn't resist!
It's also REALLY good! It's easy to get carried away with it though! I had to stop myself before I ate it all straight from the jar!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I eat wayyyy to many sandwiches. This is what i had earlier-

toasted hoagie roll rubbed with garlic and drizzled with olive oil

onion

tomato

roasted red pepper

sliced olives

salt and pepper

then drizzled with more olive oil

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Twelve Grain bread (I don't have honey in mine)

garlic hummus

shredded carrots

'orange sauce' which is 1 part hot dijon mustard, 2 parts ketchup, mix well

Sauteed onion slices and green pepper in olive oil

Spread garlic hummus on one side of the bread, Orange sauce on the other. Warm up the carrots (I do anyway) and layer all the vegetables. I also sometimes add black beans, avocado, or a boca burger. Yummy.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts