• Television

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Definately sci-fi.

Just got the Star Trek;Nemesis DVD

Very good movie but I really would have done the ending different. Data sacrificed himself to save the Enterprise (sound familiar , ie , Spock, Star Trex 2) but it was done very quickly and no build-up of emotion (in Star Trek 2 there was a lengthy scene ... it seemed so much more important). I personally got no sense of drama out of that moment ... I would have done it totally differently
. Also one of the deleted scenes (shown on the extras) where Data and Picard chat at the beginning seemed that it would have fit so well considering they ponder a major theme in the film and at the end Picard is the last one Data sees) ... I really should direct the next Star Trek movie LOL

Oh well, pretty good movie otherwise. When Picard decided to Ram the other ship that was very cool

I'm waiting to get the boxed set of the second season of Babylon 5 (have the first season set) ... which will be awesome.

Fantasy is sortof related to sci-fi in that the magic in fantasy is shown as futuristic technology in sci-fi (both can be within realms realism can't). That being said, I can't wait till the LOTR: The Two Towers is out on DVD as I havent seen that in movies (guess I'm not much for theatres LOL)

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Is "international" a genre? I really can't pick just one. I'd say my favorite "genre" is "offbeat" -- be it offbeat comedy, offbeat drama, whatever; in English or in another language. The only genre I really dislike is horror -- and there are even exceptions to that.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I voted for Horror and Sci-fi. I thought that I was going off horror movies, but I watched Texas Chain Saw Massacre recently, which kinda put me back on track

But I also have a thing for Italian, French and German cinema. And anime. And comedy. And drama.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.