VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Elvis's Blue Christmas is the balm!

Neil Diamond: The Christmas Album rocks. I like to grab my acoustic guitar at parties and sing "You better watch out"
"You better not cry"
"You better not shout"
and so on. It's always a crowd pleaser. (I'm told my Neil Diamond impression is pretty good.)

I also loooooooooooooOOOOOOVVVEE John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Another
to Elvis' Blue Christmas.

I like Willie Nelson's Christmas tunes pretty well too. I'll take Willie doing "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" over any other version any day of the week.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
The Carpenters Christmas Tapestry,Gene Autrey,Bing Crosby's White Christmas,

Nat King Cole,Elvis Blue Christmas ,and an old cassette containing songs my mom recorded from the radio in 1986.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Me and my friends belting out "Let It Snow" in the '50s ice cream parlor late on a Saturday night.
Good times.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Me and my friends belting out "Let It Snow" in the '50s ice cream parlor late on a Saturday night.
Good times.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

BNL and John Denver/Muppets. What do you mean by regular?
It means their periods return at the same time every month.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrykat View Post

Brian setzer Boogie Woogie Christmas
Yay! I bought that and another B. Setzer Xmas album for my mom last year. I also took her to the show and she looooved it. I'm more of a Stray Cats fan myself, but I definitely secretly like the Orchestra's Xmas stuff, especially seeing my mom get all dancey and excited when she hears them... but don't tell anyone.

I really wanna take her to the show again this year 'cuz we had so much fun, but it always falls on black Friday and that is not a good day to request off in the world of retail... ah well, I guess if I get off work early enough we can gun it down to A.C...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love listening to Mediaeval Baebes during the holidaze. Especially Coventry Carol. "Mistletoe And Wine" is a great cd to have.

Another vote for Aimee Mann here too!

Also, the "Chritmas Songs" compilation from Nettwerk Records has always been a fave.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

My favorites are Rosie O'Donnell's Christmas CD with famous people)
Im surprised that there wasn't a duet with Barbara Streisand on that album...she never stops mentioning her on The View.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts