VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, condiments, the veg*n lifesaver. I'm sure there's a ton I haven't tried yet.

Some of my favorites are:

Spicy peanut sauce (usually a Thai version is available, but I originally had it in Indonesia with satay and gado-gado)

Thai sweet/hot sauce

Kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce; I think Hoisin sauce is similar/the same)

Tomatillo sauce for everything Mexican

What else is good?

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
I'm going to be boring and say: Grey Poupon.

It can make a slapped together on the go sandwich seem like you just stepped out of some up-scale gourmet cafe.

·
Registered
701 Posts
guacamole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I like the good old standby's like ketchup, mustards (so many different varieties), and relish on tofu dogs and veggie burgers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
My favorites include tofu sour cream, spicy mustard, hot sauce, salsa, miso mayo cloned and nayo cloned. Here is the link to the recipes, I refuse to buy ready made miso mayo and nayo anymore when I can make it using these recipes http://www.vegsource.com/talk/recipe...ges/75132.html

Really good recipes and she has recipes for everything!

Almost all of the recipes I make are hers.

Shannon/Zimma

Tofu Sour Cream

--------------------------

1/2 package silken firm or extra firm tofu (6 ounces)

1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (approximately)

dashes of garlic powder and onion powder

Blend with hand stick blender until very smooth, you can also use chopped garlic. Really good with baked tortilla chips and mexican dishes, I have also had this with Dal, mmmmmm!

·
Registered
701 Posts
ebola, you are so right! When I eat it with tortilla chips, I put so much on that I think the chip actually becomes the condiment and the guac is the main event!!!

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by spa_girl

ebola, you are so right! When I eat it with tortilla chips, I put so much on that I think the chip actually becomes the condiment and the guac is the main event!!!
Why bother with tortilla chips? I go at my guacamole with a spoon.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Maybe this doesn't count, but I like to put mild banana peppers on everything. The kind that come in a jar of vinegar.

I like that soy sauce/ginger dipping sauce that comes with potstickers at chinese restaurants.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Some of you may be able to guess what's #1 on Loki's list:

Vinegar!

And chilli sauce comes a close second. If I ever cook some crap, chilli sauce will make it edible!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Chutney! I can eat it straight from the jar and when I put it on something, I use so much its more like a side dish. Try a tbls stirred through baked beans. Yum!

·
Registered
92 Posts
my favorites are Hotsauce (any jabenero kind)

mustard

ketchup

I'm a huge fan of mustard on frenchfries.

hummus is good but is that a condiment?- and what about veganaise?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
If peanut sauce counts then I'd go with that. I like guacamole too. The barbeque sauce I make is also good (I make all of them myself).

·
Registered
701 Posts
Omg! I almost forgot hot sauce. I put it on almost everything. For those of you in the States, Frank's Red Hot is the BEST! It's my favorite. I put it on my veggie buffalo wings tonight.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I love love love that hot chinese mustard!!! I also love horseradish, any kind of mustard, tofutti sour supreme, and ranch dressing. And how could I forget BBQ sauce?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts