VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Beginner's Mind
645 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
My favorite movies as a kid were The Karate Kid, The Mighty Ducks, Terminator 2, Chariots of Fire, Star Wars, Back to the Future, and D.A.R.Y.L. I'm not sure if any of those count as children's movies, but I still like them.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
101 Dalmatians (original animated version.) Fly Away Home.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
The Neverending Story
The Goonies
Back to the Future

Not all children's movies, but movies from my childhood that I adore

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Pollyanna
Miracle on 34th Street and Home Alone II (and it doesn't have to be Christmas-time, either)

Little Women
Mrs. Doubtfire
Heidi

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
E.T.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
The Neverending Story
Beetlejuice
Jurassic Park

·
Registered
663 Posts
Watership Down, The Last Unicorn, Flight of Dragons. They're just serious/dark enough that they never seem entirely stupid in retrospect, and they have awesome soundtracks. Lots of films seem to have utterly forgettable soundtracks for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Jurassic Park
Wait, what?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I know a lot of people saw it as children, but I don't think it was actually a "children's movie".

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
hope you are feeling better Digg
......one that continues to be a fave of mine is Cinderella....I ruined quite a few copies of this one.....and that movie started my love of romantic movies.

peace, love and sunshine-ey days

·
Registered
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frame69 View Post

The Railway Children (the old one)

Frame.
I've only seen the 70's version with Jenny Agutter but absolutely loved it.

One of my favourite ones would be The Ring of Bright Water with the duo Travers & McKenna ( Born Free).

It is set in the deep Scottish countryside and is a beautiful story about an Otter and a man.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Bright-.../dp/B00005JCB5

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

One of my favourite ones would be The Ring of Bright Water with the duo Travers & McKenna ( Born Free).
Which is essential viewing or reading for people to get the following Indian Restaurant joke ..

Diner "Waiter, what is the difference between the orinary dal and the tarka dal?"

Waiter "The tarka dal is like the ordinary dal but 'otter Sir"

Anyways,

Winnie the Pooh (Blustery Day, Tigger) is about the only childhood film I think I would still enjoy now that I'm an adult.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

It is set in the deep Scottish countryside and is a beautiful story about an Otter and a man.
I thought I was the only person in the world who knew about this film...I love it! I was first introduced to the story via Reader's Digest.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

I thought I was the only person in the world who knew about this film...I love it! I was first introduced to the story via Reader's Digest.
That makes us a total of 4.

Wonderful isn't it ?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I need to go find a copy of Marry Poppins now. I'm gonna have supercalifragilisticexpialidocious stuck in my head until I see it again.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Heidi, yes!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts