VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite board (or card) game?

I play Settlers of Catan all the time, whenever there is enough people. I also play Bang! alot. Fun game, though it is a little disturbing that there is one card which if placed forces you to shoot Native Americans or lose a life yourself.

Whady'all like?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I like carcassonne! I want to try Settlers because I've heard it's similar and also very good. Bananagrams is another favorite of mine, and Scrabble to a lesser extent. I also enjoy party type games like Apples to Apples, Taboo, and Cranium. And then there are the classics: Candyland, Sorry!, and Chutes and Ladders. Those last three are best enjoyed under the influence.

If we're talking cards, I'm an avid euchre player but it's hard to find anyone outside of the midwest who knows what it is.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Cranium is the best ever. I love board games and miss having a board game night.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I really like Scattergories and when I go back east to visit family my nieces, nephews and I will play LCR but with money rather than the chips (they are all adults)... Life is fun too though haven't played in ages. I would always try to have as many kids as possible so I'd get more money at the end...

I haven't played games in so long...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Monopoly and Scrabble are my faves.

Not a board game technically, but I'm also a huge fan of Phase10.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
trivial pursuit....all the editions but the 80s edition is my fave .....also Therapy is a fave game of mine.

not in a peace-ey mood but peace anyways

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture edition
That sounds nice. In the general Trivial Pursuit, I've always fared best with the pop culture -related questions, without question.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Apples to Apples! (though I guess technically its not a board game)

Settlers of Catan is pretty fun if you have a good crowd as well.

I'm more of a cards person than a board-game person though. Give me some 5-card-stud poker and I'm good to go!
None of that Texas Hold-Em ****.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I'm not the one to have only a single favourite, but I love board games, so I have quite a few that I really like and enjoy playing over and over.

Carcassonne and Settlers are classics and get a lot of play. Ricochet Robots is a personal favourite. Jungle Speed is a very quick game that most people enjoy, even though I actually got a scar from it! I also like playing collaborative games, like Red November or Death Angel, which are great for a large number of players and helps build up a good mood when you're not playing against others. One of the best 2-player game is Lost Cities, my bf and I keep playing it over and over. Jaipur is also one of the most interesting 2-player games. I should definitely mention one of the newest games I've been introduced to, Dixit: very unique card game with wonderful artwork - you can play again and again, and it's always a different experience.

Warhammer games should get a mention, Space Hulk and Chaos in the Old World are both very interesting and engaging games. Chaos in the Old World is similar in format to Civilization board game (which I've yet to play - I bought it for a friend, but never actually got to play).

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Once on vacation my friend invited me to play "Twilight Imperium". Little did I know the game was going to take a 2 hour tutorial, followed by 10 hours of game play.
I'm afraid I forfeited rather quickly. Luckily, I had a book with me, as I could not find my way back to his house where I was staying. I should say that game is not my favourite.

I love "Life", "Trivial Pursuit" (of any kind, but especially Lord of the Rings
), "Scrabble" and "Monopoly". I can never convince anyone to play "Monopoly" with me, though. Any kind of trivia game tends to get me all riled up, too.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
My tolerance for monopoly ran out over 20 years ago. I would rather breakdance on the highway wearing nothing but asphalt colored body paint, from head to toe, than play monopoly again.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't like monopoly because of the way it makes me think and act towards others. I'm not really an arsehole, I just play one in Monopoly!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Monopoly takes too damn long. But maybe I shouldn't talk because I'm up for a game of Risk every now and then.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts