VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in nursing school, and I unfortunately need leather nursing shoes for my clinicals. I need something that would work as an imitation, and my instructor let me know that this would be fine after I let her know that I was vegan.<br><br>
Any recommendations? I'm male, and the shoes must also be white. Anything from $50 to $100 would be fine.<br><br>
Thanks,

·
Registered
0 Posts
hi there! i'm a nursing student as well. had a really hard time finding faux leather shoes that were completely white (everything had some type of color) so i wear canvas ones. will they let you do that or do they have to be leather?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response.<br><br>
Well, I e-mailed my instructor two days ago -- so I'll know then. I'm considering Crocs at this point (they also sell canvas shoes). Otherwise, I might check to see what my thrift store(s) have in stock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two months later....<br><br>
Crocs or shoes with canvas material aren't allowed, so I just went with a pair of synthetic New Balance shoes that I bought at my local shoe store.<br><br>
Thanks, I begin my classes tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
8,960 Posts
I'm in love with Earth shoes!<br>
They were big in the 70's-have a lower heel than toe, and are roomy in the toes with a high arch. Anyway, they were the only shoes that really worked for me, and I was thrilled to find out they not only still make them, but they make VEGAN shoes! Come in all sorts including nurse type shoes.<br>
Pretty expensive, but I found two pair on Ebay for cheap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They don't seem too expensive, at least not much more than the cycling shoes that I intend to buy soon. Fortunately, Shimano uses or mostly uses synthetic materials in their shoes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know you already bought a pair but the brand vegetarian shoes make the best shoes and boots. They aren't expensive in pounds but can get a little pricey if you're in America.<br><br>
These are a little ugly IMO but they're white synthetic leather (I just don't like the tan part)<br><br><a href="http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/casual_-_sports_-_skate/racourt_shoe_white/11108_p.html" target="_blank">http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/ca...e/11108_p.html</a><br><br>
I have the greatest pair of boots from them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I couldn't function in nursing school, regardless. So now I have a pair of shoes that I'll likely never use, especially given that I'm not the type that can "style" white shoes without an absurdly white uniform. I'll probably donate them to Goodwill whenever I ride to town next. I need to replace my walking/running shoes later, so I'll probably find a pair of hemp shoes. Or Crocs. We'll see.<br><br>
Thanks,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts