VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to do a 9 day detox which is the first part of the 'Fat Smash' diet. I don't have the actual book, but I got the detox diet out of my mom's woman's weekly magazine. It was also the diet used on that celebrity fit challenge show. It's totally veg friendly and involves eating 5 mini meals a day, no caffeine, alcohol, sugar (except in fruit) or wheat. You do eat oatmeal, raw fruits and veggies, brown rice, tofu, a bit of EVOO, soy sauce, beans, legumes and soymilk. It's even vegan if you don't choose the yogurt option.

I know it's healthy- mostly whole foods, spreading meals out and reducing portion sizes. I'm done day one and I feel wonderful. I didn't put any crap in my body today. What I'm wondering is has anyone else done this detox or the diet?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the detox for 6 days, then I threw a housewarming party and had to indulge in my own vegan delights (hummus, pita, dolmades, onion dip, wine etc.) I am going back on again for about 7 days.

The plan calls for 9 days straight, I'm just taking some liberties with that.

I feel fantastic, I feel a little more toned, more energy, and I haven't felt hungry. In fact, it's a pain to have to eat that often.

ETA:

I just put a days worth of food into fit day. It worked out to about 1212 cals, but I didn't put in the dressing on the salad which would bump it up a tiny bit/

For my size, that's perfect for weight loss. (I'm not a huge gal).

On the days that I dance, I throw another piece of fruit in and maybe a bit of hummus and pita.

The sample day is:

Meal 1- cup of oatmeal, dash of cinnamon, piece of fruit, cup of soymilk.

Meal 2- 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup of steamed broccoli, some braggs, a pear.

Meal 3- 3 cups of mixed greens, 1/2 cup of chickpeas, 1 tbs lite dressing (I actually use annies goddess dressing.)

Meal 4- 1 cup lentil soup, some baby carrots

Meal 5- Smoothie (1 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 cup soy milk, 1 tbs flaxseeds.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It wouldnt surprise me that you would loose weight-- you would be eliminating all or most of the evils of the Killer Westren Diet. Sugar, liquor, white milled wheat, and "pigging out"-- I also think that detox and fasting are good ways to re-set your body-- some disagree though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It sounds like my normal diet, as far as what you eat on this 'detox'...well, except for my weekend beer habit

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It wasn't that much of a change in terms of foods eaten. I had everything on hand in my house. The hardest part was eating small portions often and not having any non herbal tea.

It was a pain to carry around that much food to work, since I normally work from 9 am -7 or 7:30 PM, it meat bringing 4 meals with me to work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I am v v new here, but I wanted to add that I do have this book and did the detox I lost wieght on it and suffered horriably from the caffiene withdrawl. I know I am bad I LOVE my coffee. I am about to go through detox again, I really need to for many reasons

1 - 9 of 9 Posts