VeggieBoards banner

Farmers Market in Downtown L.A.

809 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ocrob37 
#1 ·
I have heard many on here talk about getting great food at farmer's markets. Today, I took the train from San Diego to Downtown L.A. for an appointment. I decided to take a walk around the area and came upon a little farmer's market. It was amazing. Has anyone been there before? There was a ton of veggie and vegan food. I went to a place named Dave's Korean Food. The lady gave me a sample of everything and it was all amazing. I ended up getting spicy Daikon and then went to another place which might have been the same owner and got Vegetable Cous Cous. If I did not have an hour and a half to wait around before a 2 hour train ride, I would have bought so much food. I had some killer Seitan, and there was a greek booth selling amazing Hummus and Pitas for a great price. I will have to go to the one that is very close to where I live, but have never gone.

#3 ·
Santa Monica resident here. There are farmers markets all over LA County. In addition to the THREE farmer's markets in SM (the big one on Wednesday and two separate ones on Saturday), there is a Sunday market in Brentwood. My sister lives in Calabasas in the West Valley and shops at the one there.

Aren't there any farmer's markets in San Diego? I'm sure there has to be at least one. We live in California, after all.

One thing I haven't tried are Korean restaurants, actually, because I don't know how veg friendly they are (cooking with fish broth, for example) and if they'll make something that isn't spicy, since I can't really handle a lot of spicy food.

#5 ·
That is the Dave's and the food is amazing. Yes, there are plenty of Farmer's Markets in San Diego. I have one about a half mile down the street on sundays. I have just been lazy. I passed by the one in L.A. just because I was taking a walk. I had no idea how cool Farmer's Markets are. I will start going every sunday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.