VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the question has been raised before about how much it costs to stay at the cabins in the NY Farm Sanctuary. I just received a brochure for it that I requested (going there next summer!), so I though I'd share the info for anyone interested.

Here are the rates:

1 person- $65

2 people- $75

3 people- $85

4 people- $95

Each additional person, add $10. Reservations of 4 or more consecutive nights receive a 5% discount of the entire stay.

That's a per night fee. If you're a member, it's $10 less a night for each rate. Children 3 and under are free. Your stay also includes a vegan continental breakfast of pastries, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee & tea and a complimentary tour of the farm.

The cabins contain two double beds, a dresser & chairs. The restrooms & shower facilities are a short distance away at the visitor center. The entire farm is smoke free, so you're only allowed to smoke on the porch of your cabin.

So, considering that you're in a beautiful, isolated area in the country and the money you're spending each night goes to a great cause, it's not too bad!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys really should go if you get the chance. We went to Watkins Glen & visited Farm Sanctuary last summer but didn't stay at the farm.
If anyone does go, make sure to check out Watkins Glen State Park. It's beautiful!

·
Registered
23 Posts
my boyfriend and i stayed at farm sanctuary last year and had a great time -- the vegan pastries in the morning are to die for (i think i had three!), and we especially liked reading about other people's experiences in the cabin's guest journal (nice touch). if you go, don't forget to rub a pig's belly!

i think i have some pictures, i'll have to search...

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's good to know the details about staying in their cabins.. thanks Flower.

I recently became a member of their organization and adopted my very own duck! hehe.. check out their website and they'll send you a newsletter if you want.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been thinking about doing the adoption thing, too. I'd love to adopt a pig- the pig barn was my favorite part of the tour! Bella's right, make sure you rub a pig's belly if you go and say hi to Charlie the pig for me (he's extra special
).

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I can't wait to go! We were going to go this summer, but postponed it because of money and moving. I'm hoping we'll be able to go next spring. I want to camp out at Watkin's Glen State Park or in Ithica somewhere. My husband got to pick our trip last year (a GI Joe convention in Norfolk, Va!) It wasn't as bad as it might sound-we had fun. Being pretty broke, we look for drivable places (we're outside Philly, PA ) and Farm Sanctuary is close enough! Good stuff

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi, all. I consider myself an expert on this area of the world. My family moved to Ithaca when I was 3, and I grew up on Rt. 79, about 3 miles outside of downtown Ithaca, on the way to Watkins Glen.

My Dad has a summer music camp in Saranac Lake, and we try to go to see him each year. Every other year or so, we go back to Ithaca for a few days. Last time we were there ( 2 summers ago ), we stayed in a nice homey B&B in Dundee (just north of Watkins Glen on Seneca Lake). This year I was looking into the Farm Sanctuary, but got sidetracked by http://www.noblehousefarm.com/

mainly because it is closer to Ithaca than the Farm Sanctuary is.

Anyway, I recommend that anyone here make sure that they get to the Ithaca Farmer's Market, as it is just wonderful.

http://www.ithacamarket.com/

If I can give anyone else any info, please don't hesitate to post here, or IM me. Although Ithaca has grown in leaps in bounds since I left, I still have friends there, and I still know of a few good places to visit in Ithaca and in the surrounding Fingerlakes area.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's a picture of Charlie. He was my absolute favorite. Although he was sleepy, he'd roll over for you and make these cute little piggy noises when you pet him. He was rescued from a lab in Chicago where they did tests on him.
He still has the scars on his body from it. So happy now, though. Farm Sanctuary is heaven on earth!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts