VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never tried making falafel at home, and am not brave enough to try it from scratch. Could anyone please recommend a brand of falafel mix that is tasty? Does NOT need to be vegan.<br><br>
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I used the Fantastic Foods one a long time ago, I remember it was pretty good, I am the only one in the house who will eat it, so I rarely make it anymore, I just get it out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I grab the bulk falafel from the health food store. All I do is add water, wait 10 minutes for it to absord, and them I make patties. They are much more easier to handle than the balls in my opinion. I like putting them on whole when pitas with hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and peppers.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like the Fantastic Foods brand too ... but prepared they way they suggest, it can get pretty loaded with fat - you're frying them in olive oil essentially ... I like the idea of patties ... I would think you could cook those without bathing the whole thing in a pan of oil ....

·
Banned
7,981 Posts
Making falafel from scratch is actually very easy once find a good recipe and you make it once or twice. I used to be scared of making falafel from scratch too but once I started making it myself I stopped using the falafel mix as the stuff you make yourself is 10x tastier and cheaper than the box stuff.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Mr. F...do you make it with whole chickpeas or with chickpea flour?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts