VeggieBoards banner
41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Falafel is soooo yummy!

I can't get by without having it at least once a week. I haven't made it from scratch yet, but I always have a box of falafel mix lying around. Either that or I get it from a restaurant. It's absolutely wonderful stuff.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yum!!! Falafel is muy bueno (I won't go so far as to call it the food of the Gods b/c that is reserved for my all-time favorite thing to eat--peanut butter and pickle sandwiches).

There's a gyro place in town run by a very hairy man named Victor and he makes the best falafel!!! I love it!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lol! Fenguin!

My recipe didn't go according to plan. I will definately have a go at it this week and let you all know.

The best thing about falafel is that you can have more traditional recipes and go the cucumber yogurt carrot set up or you can have it with a hoisin sauce and regular burger salads so ppl don't think your an apsolute freak!

Do you think falafel goes with basil? Pesto?

I might try this on pizza. I'm not kidding. Falafel and pineapple, I think that would be nice.

cheeno

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I love the stuff. I first learned about at VW and now, have a steady supply in my fridge. When I'm feeling the "nothing in the house to eat" blues, I pull out the ol' falafel bowl and do up a couple of patties......YUMMMMM! It's the food of the Gods - right up there with peanut butter and pickle sandwiches

My fav way of eating it (so far) is to eat it like a patty with avacado slices and tomato on top and a little Italian dressing over all of it. Soooooo good!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i love falafel! we used to get them all the time when i was a kid; there was a beautiful restaurant my mom would take me to. i loved getting it all wrapped up in the clean white paper with the sauce all dripping out the bottom and the spicy smell and delicious, crispy, oily taste! mmmmmm! i always got a small stick of halva for dessert, too.

i buy a dry mix, imported from a lebanese company called Cedar. you mix the powder with water, let it stand for an hour, and then deep fry in small balls. the mix is so cheap! $1.99 and i have enough mix to make falafels for eight people!

i like to make a vegan tzatziki sauce for mine. you get some soy yogurt (plain, unsweetened), and let it drain for several hours (or overnight) by pouring it into a colander lined with several layers of cheese cloth, putting the whole thing into a bowl the colander will fit in, and setting it in the fridge. then you grate up some cucumber and squeeze it as dry as you can get it. mix it into the thickened yogurt, along with some lemon juice and minced garlic and fresh mint. add salt and black pepper to your tastes, and serve!

suddenly i want falalfel for dinner. sigh.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

I love falafel! First time I hated it, I thought it tasted like cat litter. Now I eat it all the time, in a pita with hummus and some kind of dressing.
Thats what i do but i dont use hummus i use Tzanchi dip (thats really spelt wrong, but i have no idea)

I love falafel...

Tofus alright... i had it last night when i made some rice stuff..

but i still shake when i hear the name as the first time i had it my mum cooked it, or should i say didnt cook it?

It was big cubes that felt like rubber and tasted ew...

but its nice sometimes when i cook it

*DaNNy!*

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am thinking of putting the falafel in a wheat pita with fresh spinach, tomatoes, onions and some Italian dressing. Now if those darn chickpeas would hurry up and cook, I could eat. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.