VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had falafel once at a restaraunt when I was a bit younger, and I loved it. It's probably the best thing I've ever eaten. So, I started trying to cook it myself. However, when I cook it, the recipies don't have much direction, or they do and I screw it up, resulting in me eating it on peta bread quietly, trying not to complain about it. It's rather annoying, because I've been trying to find a good recipie for a long time, and I'm having no luck. Any recipies/suggestions/anything? It's much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Meo

resulting in me eating it on peta bread quietly, trying not to complain about it.
Holy Cow PETA is selling bread now too???

Arent they making enough money off of those "Meat: It's What's Rotting in your Colon" T-shirts?

(just kidding - got a kick out of it.....it's the hormones - just ignore me)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Try a boxed mix!

Fantastic Brand makes a wonderful falafel mix that you can buy from your local grocery store ( I live in the middle of nowhere... and if I can find it at MY grocery store, I'm sure any of you can, too
) It's so simple. Just follow the instructions! Add water, let it sit for 15 minutes, roll into balls (I like to make mine into a patty shape) and fry in olive oil. This falafel mix is absolutely wonderful.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree with Stellar--I use the packaged mix all the time. It's fast, it's easy, and it's really, really good. I make mine in burger-sized patties and eat it on a bun with lettuce, tomatoes, and tahini. I find the burger-sized patties are easier to get crispy than the balls (hehehe...you said falafel balls...hehehe) and I don't have to use as much oil.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, when I cook it, it's fine, but then it starts to turn black and crumble all over, usually. I don't know if that's what it's supposed to do (doubt if it is), but it's quite nasty.

I'll have to try some of these. Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
hehehe... Peta bread...

THat reminds me when I unintentionally confused my brother...

Me: I can't find any Pita bread!!

*he looks at me confused by still tries to help me find it*

Me: Noo... Not PETA.. PITA!!!

My Bro: OOOOH!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts