VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the BOCA hotdogs & hamburgers, are these okay to eat? I heard they are HIGHLY processed foods--does this mean that is unhealthy? Second question, can these be grilled on a grill? Like w/regular hotdogs/hamburgers? Thanks for the help!!!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well, I think gardenburgers and other brands are better choices, becasue BOCA uses hydrogenated oils (i think?). But "burger" patties IMO are healthy. You know what's fun, making your own burgers! Dunno about the grill thing?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yep, I know the burgers can be grilled.. I've never seen the veggie dogs. Try Yves' burgers & veggiedogs.. they rock!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Whole foods makes a frozen vegan burger that is minimally processed and better (and CHEAPER!) than Boca.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
McGraw_Fan,

I'm pretty laid back about all this processed food stuff. I say, if less then 25% of your food is processed, you're doing amazing. If less then 50% of your food is processed, you're still doing fine.

If you like Boca, then have them. I don't like the other kinds of veggie burgers; they're like eating scraps of moldy vegetables. Boca tastes like a meat burger. Not exactly, but close enough that ketchup and mustard can hide it.

I've grilled them and they did well. They don't take nearly as long as meat ones, so you have to watch them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rie

Whole foods makes a frozen vegan burger that is minimally processed and better (and CHEAPER!) than Boca.
I've had the Whole Foods burger - it IS cheaper and it tastes just as good.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Their brand, 365 is AMAZING. If they have a version of something, I'll buy it instead of a brand name. Not only is it always cheaper, it's ALWAYS better tasting. They also have an organics line. I used to buy their soymilk to the exclusion of all brands, but then they had a disruption with their supplier and are now switching over to all new packaging, etc. I've been using Silk in the meantime, but it's more expensive and doesn't taste as good. I can't wait for them to bring 365 soymilk back to the shelves!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dad made me a grilled tofu pup or some fake hot dog and it was like rubber. I recommend the microwave for those.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by epski

Their brand, 365 is AMAZING. If they have a version of something, I'll buy it instead of a brand name. Not only is it always cheaper, it's ALWAYS better tasting.
I agree, epski. My favorite tortilla chips are the organic 365 brand. They are divine!! Crispy, salty, just slightly oily, and NO partially hydrogenated oils!!!! They are THE best tortilla chips around! And they are usually only $1.99 for a giant bag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts