VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened here in town. I thought it was funny until I read the last sentence. I'll see if I can find out what's going to happen with the dog...

Quote:
Failure to scoop the poop landed a Bloomington woman in the coop Thursday morning.

Police said the 23-year-old woman was being issued an ordinance-violation ticket about 10:40 a.m. in downtown Bloomington because she hadn't cleaned up after her small dog at Monroe and Center streets.

The woman walked away from the city police officer and refused to return, which netted her a misdemeanor obstructing police charge, a police report said.

While in custody the woman kicked and shoved the arresting officer, which resulted in her being booked into jail on a preliminary charge of aggravated battery -- a felony, police said.

The woman remained in McLean County jail pending formal charging and a court appearance this afternoon, according to jail records.

McLean County Animal Control took the dog.
http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/06...30606036.shtml

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Way to make a not-so-bad situation worse. Egads.

Btw--don't all responsible dog owners have a stash of plastic bags in their pockets at all times? I do, and I don't even have a dog (side effect from walking them at the shelter, I guess).

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I HOPE IT DOES BECOME A CRIMINAL OFFENSE TO LEAVE DOG POOP JUST LYING AROUND!

i have a dog, i walk her a billion times a day, and i always pick up her poop. not because i'm scared of getting a fine, but because it's just freakin' common courtesy to your neighbours! i can't tell you how many times i've wanted to let my kids run around barefoot on some grass at a park or even in the backyard area of our townhouse complex but haven't, because people leave all their dogs' **** lying around everywhere!

yes, poop is gross, and yes, nobody likes having to pick it up, but imo you take on that responsibility when you decide to adopt a dog. if you can't do it, don't get a dog! end of story.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I think it's disgusting when people don't clean up after their dogs. In my town, some streets you walk down are terrible. I agree with Kreeli, if you're not responsible enough to clean up after your dog, don't have one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.