VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

just thought I'd poll the audience about headaches.

I get headaches (pretty crappy ones EVERY time I work out). This has been going on as far back as I remember....even when I was in very good physical condition. Anyhow, I have done some reading and heard there is something called "exertion headaches." Women get them more than men, they come with exercise, etc. So I sort of self diagnosed this as the problem.

Sooo, here's my question. I am a buddhist and I like to do prostrations every morning (sort of like a flop...for you football players out there
. I do roughly 300 a day. And a hellacious headache usually stops me if I don't take ibuprofen ahead of time.

Do any of you know if there is a problem with taking a pain med like that every morning? I worry about taking too much of anything medicine wise. However, I assume that the benefits of the prostrations (physical AND mental) probably outweigh any problems with ibuprofen. Anyone know of any dangers with that? Is there a preferable medicine (acetominophen, ibuprofen, aspirin, etc.)? Anyone with a similar experience have any advice?

Feed me knowledge, Seymour!

XOXO

beth

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
A lot of times I get headaches when I exercise mostly because I don't breathe properly. I've noticed that when I pay attention to my breathing, the headaches don't happen as much.

The only bad things I've heard about ibuprofen is that it is mildly toxic to the liver and kidneys. Acetaminophren (sp?) has a similar toxicity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.