VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulshtdecorator View Post

I read that it is a good idea to drink some OJ before doing morning cardio.....doesn't sound like a good idea for a hypoglycemic.
Orange juice or milk and graham crackers are a good thing for a hypoglycemic to consume- This is what we give to diabetic patients in the hospital when their blood sugar gets too low. You need to maintain a steady level of sugar in your blood which means eating carbs. I have more experience with the other end- people who are hyperglycemic- but I would suggest doing some research to find some ideas on how to maintain your sugars- Definately though before excercising you need to have a snack!

· Registered
25 Posts
What I meant, was a quick way to raise blood sugar that gets too low- it can be dangerous to bottom out- the orange juice/ milk and crackers would be a quick way to raise the low sugar- and when I said maintain blood sugar by eating carbs,I meant complex, I would never advise someone to base their diet on sugar! Hopefully you can find some good meal plans to learn how to keep your sugars even and stay healthy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.