VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided I want to get back into shape and start exercising again. It's been a long time of inactivity. I'd like to start doing weights at the gym and also do some cardio. Does any one have any suggestions about how to start into it? How many days a week should I go? Should I alternate between weights and cardio? Any motivation is also appreciated!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I would try three days a week cardio, two days weights. Start out at about twenty minutes of cardio; if you can do thirty thats great, but don't overdo it. I like to do the eliptical machines; those might be good to start with since they are low impact. If you feel any joint pain or anything you might have to start slower, but cardio three times a week shouldn't hurt you too bad.

Also, as far as motivation goes, I just want to say you've got to force yourself to go! Once you get there religiously for a week or two, it will become a habit and you'll feel funny if you don't go. Just remember that it gets easier- its all uphill once you start!!

lovenlight,

linz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts