VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas on what I can do, it has been 2 months since I have been able to work out really and I have to say siting at home all day is so bloody depressing.

So here goes, my PT said I can not do anything that has impact or puts strain, so walking, running,rideing a bike etc is out of the question.

Swimming is OK but finding the time to be able to get to an indoor pool is just not currently on the books, it's across town and then on the other side of the base.

I have fissures in my tendon and the calf muscle is also torn.

However since I can not get to the pool and I have no idea what other cardio I can do?

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I would try my hardest to get some swimming in. Not just because it's nice and impact-free, it just FEELS good.

Since you said that's going to be next to impossible, I'd say try some pilates or yoga. There will be some things you can't do, but you can always do more of the ones you can.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
have you considered pilates videos? if you're doing mat work (floor work), it's low impact but it gets the heart rate up.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 1 pilates DV but it is only half pilates and the other half yoga but the yoga that is in there requires leg use.

I love pilates though and am currently doing core movment but they do not get my heart rate up at all, make me sore as can be

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would adjust move from Pilates and Yoga and work on your breathes. You should be able to get your breathing deeply enough to get a cardio that way. Does that make sense at all? I know I can get a serious workout from Yoga now that I'm better with my breathes.

Swim, swim, swim. I wish I could swim. I just sink, sink, sink.

How about using some small weights while sitting for your arms and chest?

Can you walk at all? You could just walk in the living room with some small weights while you watch TV.

I'm sorry. It must be really hard on you.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can walk
or hobble however you wish to put it, it is not advisable for me to do much since I need to heal.

My husband refers to me as gimping about.

I gimp to the kitchen, to the bathroom, to fuss at the kids for messing up the living area.

I did get a new pilates DVD which is better than my old one mostly core moves again but hey its something.

I guess I will not really worry about the cardio for now and focus instead on not getting to far out of shape.

I have ultrasound therapy again tomarrow so yay to feeling like jelly

I have my weights and can do a little upper body work but I tell you what I think I need to either find a differant way of eating or be able to get back on my feet soon or I am going to be roughly the size of the goodyear blimp.

Couple months of sitting around on my butt all day and I have gaiend 10 pounds

It is looking like I will need Physical Therapy 3 times a week for another month , but they said its gonna be about another 4 months before I'll be able to walk distances again or run etc.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would recommend the sitting exercises. I have joint problems so when I am sitting I move my legs like an elderly Rockette(I just keep doing that till I feel a bit discomfort). I lift light weights for upper body. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts