VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I exercise it makes me hungry & need to eat more. I know this is normal because I'm burning calories, but I also get cravings for unhealthy & sometimes not vegan things that I really don't want to eat! Plus, I'm trying to lose weight, so I don't want to have to eat a lot--it's contrary to what I'm trying to achieve. Does anyone have any tips to help me avoid these cravings and not get so hungry that I want to gorge myself with food a couple of hours after working out???

·
Registered
824 Posts
Figure out a diet plan that complements your workout plan, stick to it (with a little wiggle room for some vegan sweets). You might need to ask someone like a personal trainer to help you figure one out, or find one online. Being honest with them, and building towards weight loss rather than trying to dump it all at once with an insufficient diet is the best choice.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have a protein shake right after you work out. They're very filling, and your body will utilize it best right after a workout. It will help muscle repair and hopefully stop your cravings/feeling that you want to binge a few hours after working out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any recommendations for healthy, vegan protein shakes? Brands or whatever?

I like the idea of some healthy vegan treats, too, but my problem is stopping myself from eating too much of them!

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Be sure you're drinking enough water when you workout. If you're thirsty, sometimes your brain misinterprets thirst for hunger.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love my green smoothies. 40% leafy greens, such as kale, swiss chard, or spinach, and then 60% fruit (you don't taste the greens-- promise!). Add water and protein powder, blend well.

As for protein powders to add, Trader Joe's has soy-based protein powders. You can also order hemp, rice, or pea protein powders online, but I have no experience with those

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pugwrinkles, I started drinking green smoothies for breakfast, but haven't tried them with any protein powder. That's a good idea I might try. I've heard mixed reviews about how healthy soy protein powder/shakes are, though. The GNC one I tried tasted good anyway.

·
Banned
31 Posts
The greatest satisfying food is a green juice or green smoothie. It give nutrients and stops cravings. First you may have no desire for these green things. Once you establish a habit, it works wonderfully!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts