VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just tore a toenail off (not intentionally).<br><br><br><br>
you can't do anything for that kinda thing, right? i just slapped a bandaid on it and wished it well. i really can't freakin stand to look at it or wash it or anything because honestly, it makes me cringe and feel all weark (i'm a dork, and have a very weak stomach when it comes to things like this).<br><br><br><br>
now i have a warped toe. and it hurts like, uh, pretty badly.<br><br><br><br>
gross. it's gross, i tell you, gross.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Funk,<br><br>
As gross as it is now, it may get grosser if you don't at least clean it and bandage it properly. If you can't do it yourself, this would be worth a visit to a friend who can do it for you. I'd say come to my house, and I'd do it, but...well... it's just a little far away.<br><br><br><br>
Y'know, I'm really kind of surprised that blood freaks you out, since you're the nature lover and backpacking extraordinaire. I guess no one's perfect.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I hate blood too. I'm getting a little better w/seeing it though, since my students get hurt all the time & want to show me the blood...eeewwww.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i'm trying to gear up and cut the rest of the nasty nail off...<br><br><br><br>
i can actually deal with animal blood - working in a vet for 8 months helped me out there- i can watch animal surgeries and give shots and all thatstufff..<br><br><br><br>
and i dont even mind other people's blood (if it's someone i know of course - meaing, if a friend cuts themselves and bleeds or something, it doent really bother me). but seeing my own blood - i can't handle it, man! i dont know what it is, it just freaks me out big time. luckily (knock on wood) i've never been hurt badly at all, so little things like this make me flip out. heh.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
yeah i gotta agree with skylark. get someone to play first aid and clean it up for you, and then you have to keep it clean. it's easy if you do it this way though: buy some alcohol swabs from the first aid section of the drug store, some polysporin and some q-tips. swab it, apply polysporin with a q-tip or just slap some onto the gauze part of a bandaid and then wrap it. that way you don't have to actually get your hands real close to it<br><br><br><br>
but yeah you gotta do that like 2 or 3 times a day for a couple days so it doesn't get infected. foot injuries can get infected easily<br><br><br><br>
ooh there's a new antiseptic spray from gold bond maybe you could pick up some of that instead of the alcohol

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
I don't handle blood well either, unless I'm the cause (for example, I have some poems I wrote in my own blood..... the drawing of that blood I handled okay, but when at the doctors getting a blood test I almost pass out).

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
If I have to deal with Blood, I dont think of it as blood. It is merely another obstacle to be overcome. cooly, calmly, and logically.<br><br>
On the other hand, I can not STAND needles of any kind. I know its all in the head by I just cant do it. brrrrr.

·
Registered
0 Posts
YEOW! Once I uprooted a toenail, I cleaned it, and kept it in a band-aid.<br><br><br><br>
Once, I uprooted a fingernail, my middle finger on my right hand. The nailbed is now a lot wider than it used to be. It's rounded, and weird. For that I went to the doc, and they pushed it back in (I was 9) and I cried, then they bandaged it up. Eventually it just fell off. It was really weird.<br><br><br><br>
But, to not derail the thread, I cannot stand blood. I can't look at it, getting blood drawn is hard, so is watching people get blood drawn (a needle stuck into your arm sucking blood out isn't a fond thought). I am just terribly squeamish!<br><br><br><br>
I feel all weird now at the thought of the above listed things.. Ech!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts