VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there read "The Crazy Makers" by Carol Simontacchi? Seemed interesting, about the "effects" of processed foods, marketing techniques by major food corporations, possibly in the same vein as Schlosser's "Fast Food Nation." Now, THAT'S a fabulous book.<br><br><br><br>
Any other required reading?<br><br><br><br>
-nicole

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
required reading about food or veg*nism?<br><br><br><br>
I have not read this, but there is a bood called "Food Politics" by ? Nestle (a woman, not the company!) Sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I have read both of these books. Excellent reads, but the one by Marion Nestle is very long and scientific, so I really had so skim parts of that one.<br><br>
You've got to read John Robbin's books. And Slaughterhouse, and I don't recall who writes that one off the top of my head.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Gail Esnitz wrote Slaughterhouse, it is a great book. I'm always plugging AFA online bookstore, NO SHIPPING in the US! -<a href="http://www.veganbooks.safeshopper.com" target="_blank">www.veganbooks.safeshopper.com</a>, good prices, lots of discounted books, good organization.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone! i'm always interested in great veggie reads so i am armed whenever anyone asks me what the benefits of a veggie lifestyle are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts