VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Google for my full name

It's been a while since I did this, and I was surprised I came up, finally! For the longest time, Google ignored me!! The first listing is my own web site, which is nice, and then there's a bunch of stuff from when I was a network security analyst!

Does anyone else Google themselves, and care to admit it??

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
MAX
.. hee hee

all i know is if you type your name in google and you have a phone in your name it will give your complete address with an option to get a map showing how to get there. watch out for stalkers!

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by oneness

MAX
.. hee hee

all i know is if you type your name in google and you have a phone in your name it will give your complete address with an option to get a map showing how to get there. watch out for stalkers!
Well yeah, but what genius lets their phone number and address get out onto the web?

If you remove the middle initial from my name, the first link is a link to "Gay and Lesbian Humanist - Contributors" !!!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
My full name doesn't come up. If I leave out the middle name, I find that I am an associate literature professor at MIT. Woo hoo! Way to go, Muppet!

If I type in Muppetcow, I get all the reviews I posted at Amazon.com and a link to my peanut butter and tomato sandwich recipe on vegweb.

·
Registered
739 Posts
When I google Wolf the first link is from a page in the local paper with his name, my name AND my daughters! (we all won ribbons in an art competition)
Then he is on a list of marathon participants and of course there are a number of links containing "wolf" and "greycloud".

Under my name is the same article, Melissa's Auto Sales (g), and an article in a MI college paper quoting me. And then there's a bunch of Oklahoma links!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I got curious and did google myself. I only came up twice - in the recital program archives for the university where I did my masters. My graduate recital program came up and another recital I participated in came up. It was kind of cool to see.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I don't appear under my real name. I just don't have that much of a public life I guess...

There seems to be a guy in Utah named Randy Raphael who gets a lot of press. and my first and last name are close to each other alphabetically, so a bunch of 'baby names' lists came up with "Percy Peyton Randy Raphael Ray Regan " etc....

and then there's the page at boyjuice.com promoting a video with Randy & Raphael, two 18 year olds discovering their bodies for the first time....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well!

I have a website about chemicals through Stanford University;

I'm on the PGA tour!;

I've played one season with the Packers (#19);

I'm a sex offender in Madison Wisconsin (oh no! I'm moving to wisconsin!!);

I'm a professional snowboarder;

And I play college basketball...i'm 6'7"!

Hoo! I'm an exciting fellow!

-----Trav-------

·
Registered
478 Posts
when i googled my name including my middle initial, it only came up with 1 result, my old homepage that i haven't done anything with in years. if i just do my first & last names, then it comes up with about 5 pages of results, only 3 of them actually relate to me .. one was some online petition i signed years ago, another was from a model horse show championship i went to a few years ago (i used to be really into the model horse hobby), and the last was a webpage for a german class i took my sophmore year..

and then! When i do a search on "obsidian zebra" it brings up my live journal ..

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I couldn't find anything on my whole name, but I found a lot on my last name. I found

*a book on osteoarthritis by my brother

*my cousin is an art professor

*I'm related to a middle school principal in Canada

*I'm related to some singer guy

*4 of my relatives died in the Holocaust

*2 guys who run a website selling buttons

*A newspaper columnist in Indiana

*A movie casting director

*stuff about my real dad and uncle

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
A lot of people are related to me, based on the number of times Google says I've married, been born, died, and divorced. And to think, before this I didn't believe in reincarnation...
Oh, and I've lived in a lot more places than I thought I'd been to.

Taking out my middle initial, I'm a biology prof at CSM, but who knows what sort of school CSM is? I also teach biology at the Center for Instructional Advancement and Technology. I never knew I cared that much about biology to teach it at two universities!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts