VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I cut off all of my hair I started making fascinators for myself to spice up my vintage looking 'do. It's since caught on and now I'm supplying them to many people I know and have been urged to start selling them online. I have a friend who wants to build a custom website for me, but I was wondering about Etsy. I was curious how often you turn to Etsy for shopping or, if you sell on the site, how often you sell? I'm looking to bring the style back, in a huge way!

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
I've never sold there, but I love to buy from Etsy and have never been disappointed. The sellers have always been so nice.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
LOVE Etsy. I've bought a few items from there and I often browse/covet. If you end up becoming a seller on Etsy, I wish you luck!

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
I sell on etsy, its great.

I also sell on ebay and amazon, etsy is the easiest and has the best interface. Its also becoming very popular, ive noticed an increase of traffic to my shop in recent months.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
I look around Etsy A LOT but I have never actually bought anything from them, I'm not sure how much I trust them, and everything is usually stupid expensive.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking it'll be a good jumping off point for premade fascinators and once I get some sales I'll put up my custom fascy site. Thanks! I know I've never thought anything of Etsy until people started urging me to sell on there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My GF is addicted to it, and has a cool etsy shop (she's very crafty): http://www.etsy.com/shop/filigreefairy
It really does have a lot of creative expression going on, if you find the right users.
So that is a yes, it's worth it if you like to sell your own creations for a decent price.

·
Banned
1,803 Posts
I've just logged onto etsy for the first time in about a year thanks to this thread...

So many pretty things that I need and with just a few clicks I can have them!

Somebody please take me off this site before I spend money that I don't have?

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

I love her shop!
I am broke after holiday shopping, but I want to buy these...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/30502379...cat_gallery_10
Wow thanks I'm glad you dig it! She never promotes her stuff so I thought I'd throw her link out there. I'll tell her you want those earrings when she gets home.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmaster View Post

Wow thanks I'm glad you dig it! She never promotes her stuff so I thought I'd throw her link out there. I'll tell her you want those earrings when she gets home.
She has such pretty things, she's very talented.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

She has such pretty things, she's very talented.
She has an amazing eye for detail and color - I, on the other hand, am red-green colorblind and obtuse. My creative talent is mainly poetry, though I'm enjoying learning the keyboard now. But she is a general craft-ninja! Hi-ya!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

I look around Etsy A LOT but I have never actually bought anything from them, I'm not sure how much I trust them, and everything is usually stupid expensive.
^This is how I feel also.
I browse from time to time because the stuff is so creative and beautiful but it's way too pricey for me. It's nice to "window shop" there though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My GF (who is also vegan) mentioned that there are a lot of vegan oriented things and that the cool thing about it is it's about directly supporting the artists as individuals instead of corps.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Etsy is great. Me & my boyfriend both shop there its like our Ebay but with way better style. Not to mention all the veg oriented items as well!

·
Registered
126 Posts
it's true that a lot of the stuff is overpriced, but there are just as many that are cheap! Just take the time to browse around, fiddle around with the settings, always check the shipping fee, etc. There are so many beautiful things, and many different styles! You won't be disappointed

·
Registered
10 Posts
All of my savings go directly to Etsy. I've bought dresses, jewelry, clothes, shoes, pottery, just about everything from there. Do it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts