VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah... sorry, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any groups for teens for environmentalism (or to stray mildly off topic of the board, animal rights etc.) that aren't extremist and you don't have to be in a particular state to be in one... example, no manadatory meetings in Ohio or something. I live in Georgia, so there's really no environmentalism or animal rights groups that I know of that I can join. I mean, I live in a school where people pride themselves on how many squirrels they can trap and run over in a day... ugh.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Live" in a school... god... sorry, go to* a school. Why'd I even talk about that? Sorry, I'm a horrible ramblecase.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know how you feel. I'm in Arizona, there isn't many AR/ enviromental groups here.

I'm a member of the Peta2 street team, an AR group for teens age 13 to 18. you don't have to go to any meetings or anything. You get points, which you earn by doing the "missions,"

to "buy" prizes. Checkout the website, peta2.com

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
There is a group called YES (Youth for Environmental Sanity) for people 15 to 30. It was started by Ocean Robbins, John Robbins' son.

http://www.yesworld.org/

EarthSave is also trying to start a chapter in Atlanta.

You might try e-mailing them, and see if there is anything they can suggest.

Georgia Email: [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts