VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What websites for cataloging, getting recommendations, and/or social networking do y'all use for entertainment things?

For books i use Goodreads and sometimes LibraryThing.
I have a last.fm account but i signed up for it the same time as Pandora and i never got around to using it.

I'm looking for something to keep track to the movies and shows i've seen and ones i want to watch but a quick google search turned up a bunch of results so i figured i'd ask for suggestions here. I want a site where i can catalog what i've watched and plan to watch and i'd prefer one that gives me recommendations. I don't care about rating, reviewing, or discussing and the only social aspect i want is the ability to share my list with friends. Know anything like that?

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Rotten Tomatoes is a pretty good site, I have an account there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mubi!

It is seriously THE BEST film site. You can watch films, discuss films, and add favourites as well as create a "want to watch" list. I love it. That being said, I don't spend nearly as much time there as I should.

PS: I know you said you didn't want to discuss or anything, but it's still a great site.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I used getglue at first. The stickers were cool, and once I got physical copies of the stickers I was really happy. I switched to IntoNow, only because I have an iPhone and I like how with IntoNow you don't have to type in what you're watching. You turn it on, it listens to the TV for a few seconds, then it'll know the exact episode of what you're watching, or exact movie, so you can discuss it and/or share it on Facebook and Twitter. It's definitely technology at its finest and it's simple with the sharing, and also very easy so I'd go with IntoNow if you have an iPhone. If you don't and also want something to use from your computer, I'd go with GetGlue. GetGlue has suggestions and it lets you share what you're watching, reading, listening to, thinking about, etc., plus some shows have special virtual stickers you get from "checking in" to the show, and once you get 20 stickers you can have real stickers mailed to you. Some of my friends are on GetGlue, too, but Getglue also lets you share to Facebook and Twitter.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I use Jinni for films; I have no idea if it's crap compared to other similar sites, but it does the job for me.
It'll find films you might like to watch based on moods etc as well.
And for books I use Shelfari. I hear Goodreads might be better but I cba changing now.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Also, I can't recommend CHUD.com enough. GREAT movie site with news, reviews and a pretty active forum. It's where I used to post a great deal before VB sucked me in
http://www.chud.com/

It isn't a movie tracking site like you were requesting but it's worth posting. If you love movies go there!

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Also, I can't recommend CHUD.com enough. GREAT movie site with news, reviews and a pretty active forum. It's where I used to post a great deal before VB sucked me in
http://www.chud.com/

It isn't a movie tracking site like you were requesting but it's worth posting. If you love movies go there!
Recommend away, my intention for this thread was for people to discuss entertainment sites in general and/or give me suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts