VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Served as a snack or lunch, it's fun to make and is particularly enjoyed by kids.<br><br><br><br>
It can be made in the oven, but I like to use my toaster oven.<br><br><br><br>
- <b>whole wheat english muffins</b> (usually 1 muffin serves 1 person)<br><br>
- <b>tomato sauce</b> (about two teaspoons covers one english muffin half)<br><br>
- <b>mozzarella cheese</b> (mix and match. Try adding cheddar, feta, parmessan, romano, etc.)<br><br>
- <b>any pizza toppings</b> (mushrooms, onions, peppers...)<br><br><br><br>
1. Slice english muffins into halves and toast until light brown in toaster oven (make sure you have it on the "toast" option.)<br><br>
2. Remove from toaster oven and top with tomato sauce**, cheese and any other toppings you desire.<br><br>
3. Place on small, toaster-oven-sized baking tray, and bake in toaster oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.<br><br><br><br>
**I use homemade tomato sauce, and it's rather plain, so I add salt, pepper, dried oregano, and chilli peppers.<br><br><br><br>
Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
English muffin pizzas were the one of first things I learned how to cook on my own. I remember feeling very grown up making a snack for my sister and myself when I was about 8.<br><br><br><br>
They're also good with Vegan Gourmet cheeze.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I love these things. I made them in my toaster oven all the time last year. I should start making them again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts