VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Most of the main points have been covered.

*Have you been checked for B-12?

*How much do you eat? List for us what you eat in a typical day. I can tell you within 10 seconds if it's food

*Do you do Yoga/pilates? No? Start. Don't want to go to a class? Buy a tape. Don't have money? Rent from library. Don't have a VCR? Go to a garage sale.

*Thyroid? Lupus? Chronic fatigue?

*Medications?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Actually, you don't eat a lot
Add another 5 servings of fruits and vegetables to your day. A serving is: 1 single serving veggie/fruit (apple, pear, orange, carrot), 1 cup raw vegetables/fruit or 1/2 cup cooked vegetables/fruit. Anything with sugar or batter added to it no longer counts as a serving

The migraines, huh? Got some more questions/suggestions for you then. Did you eat a lot of processed meats before veg*ism? Hot dogs, hamburgers, fish sticks, etc? Is so, try cutting out all the processed foods in your diet currently. There are preservatives common in both meat and veggie processed foods that trigger migraines and, in some people, chronic fatigue-like symptoms. 30 days. No processed foods. This includes: processed "meats", fake cheese, hard, aged cheeses (especially cheddar), wine, pop and diet pop, and anything labeled "sugar-free." Yes, you can do it. No, it won't kill you. I promise
You may have an allergy to an additive and/or a food.

Do you have your eyes tested regularly? Inproper eyewear and strained vision will exhaust your body.

Even though it is hard, you must try a little exercise every day. I'm not suggesting jogging, but something like. Even 10 minutes of stretching would help.

Tell a doctor that you want to be tested for thyroid, B-12, anemia, and your blood sugar. If they won't do it, say that it runs in your family and you are interested in preventive measures

·
Registered
0 Posts
Isn't meditation great?

I like to lay in bed, close my eyes and stare into the nothingness. After a while dim flickerings of light appear. When I am able to keep my mind empty for a time the dim flickerings become brighter and bigger until my vision is engulfed by a pulsating white light. I hold onto that light for as long as I can. Not really longer than a few minutes, but I can hold that light longer now than when I started a year or so ago. Although I've never fallen asleep doing this, I find it very soothing.

rigmarole

1 - 3 of 3 Posts