VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
have you had your thyroid tested? i think i remember you mentioning it somewhere but can't remember the details.

if it's not your thyroid and not anemia, maybe you're hypoglycemic or something. do you get dizzy spells? blackouts? before i went on my thyroid meds and if i stop taking them, i get dizzy when i stand up and my vision goes totally black for a minute, i have to grab something so i don't fall. it's usually accompanied by a stabbing pain in my right temple.

anyway with my meds i don't get that at all unless i haven't eaten.

also have you tried charting your eating habits to make sure you get enough calories in the day?

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
they'll do it, you just have to ask for it, they normally don't think to test for them unless they know you have the symptoms.

anyway it's just a simple blood test, you'll be in and out of the lab in 10 minutes tops

are you stressed out when you go to bed, mind still active etc? sometimes when i'm stressed out even if i can fall asleep quickly it's a restless sleep, i wake up more tired than when i went to bed, i'm going through this right now actually, try some meditation and deep breathing right before bed. i can give you an easy trick to try later, don't have time right now

you should still do the blood test though even if meditation works for you

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
cool, it's really quick and easy.

just before you get into bed, stand or sit with your feet flat on the floor, legs uncrossed. take slow deep breaths. visualize roots growing out from the base of your spine, like tree roots, growing down through your legs, out the bottoms of your feet, into the floor, down through all the layers of the earth, and at the core there's a ball of white light, imagine the roots wrapping themselves around it.

(that's a grounding technique)

now imagine white light coming from that core and traveling up the roots, up through the earth, through the floor, into your feet and filling your whole body and surrounding it.

(that's a protection technique) after it sometimes also helps to say in your head "i'm grounded and protected"

now get in bed and get comfortable. take a few deep breaths and try to clear your mind. eyes closed, inhale then exhale slowly saying in your mind "release" and imagine that with each exhale all your stress, thoughts, worries, and negative emotion are being released into white light. do it as many times as you need to. personally i usually just drift off to sleep after a few exhales

oh, but don't think of it really as a way to fall asleep, think of it as a way to release stress. that's what it is really, but i find the more i think about falling asleep the harder it is to do it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts