VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be interesting for those of you who want to get away from foods like cheese, meat (
), dairy, potato chips etc. but can not because of the cravings...

I was in the bookstore today and I saw Neal Barnard's brand new book prominently displayed in the diet section. The title is "Breaking the Food Seduction: The Hidden Reasons Behind Food Cravings---And 7 Steps to End Them Naturally". I sat down and read into it.

It seems to be great work (as can always be expected from Dr. Barnard), thoroughly researched and scientifically up-to-date. The first part of the book explains what cravings are, how they are created and how to fight them. The second part describes a program to gradually eliminate cravings. The third part (as so often in his books) is a meal and recipe guide (usually by J. Stepaniak). All of Barnard's books are vegan, though I think he rarely uses the word. The index of this book does not contain the words "vegan" or "vegetarian".

Neal Barnard is one of my personal heroes, he is the founder of PCRM (not bad considering he comes from a family of cattle ranchers), and a great promoter a veganism for health reasons. (though this is not the only focus of PCRM). PCRM had and has some great projects going on to promote vegetarianism.

Anyway here's the URL of the Amazon page for the book (there are no reviews yet, it's so fresh):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.