VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/e...-welcomes-son/

And she's been vegan for 18 years! It's nice to see not all celebrities are so wishy washy, hopefully more people will follow her example.

Also, I had NO idea she was married to Cricket from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. That's pretty awesome, I wonder if he's vegan too. Apparently they had a vegan wedding.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Very cool.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yay! Take that Natalie Portmanteau!

Also, that Rickety Cricket revelation was a shocker!

·
Registered
5,660 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Um, I'm having a problem with this story. Her last name is spelled Deschanel--one a, two e's, not vice versa.

The name is spelled incorrectly in the title of the story, but spelled correctly in the body of the story.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Deschanel
Try emailing the editor.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Seriously? The fact that she's vegan is newsworthy enough to be in the subject of the article? The way they say "successful vegan pregnancy" makes it sound like something experimental and weird that doesn't usually work.

--Fromper

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Seriously? The fact that she's vegan is newsworthy enough to be in the subject of the article? The way they say "successful vegan pregnancy" makes it sound like something experimental and weird that doesn't usually work.

--Fromper
Unfortunately hat's the way the public tends to look at it, especially with those "vegan" couple starves their baby stories

That's why these stories are so important as a counterpoint, and why it's so disappointing when other celebrities like Natalie Portman flake out and start eating eggs and dairy during pregnancy.

·
Registered
961 Posts
awesome i love bones its my favorite tv show. that show was one of the things that helped turn me veg. it was the eisode about the chicken factory. and bones (emily deschanel)is oneof my heroes

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I don't know this actress but congrats to her little bundle of joy and also congrats to her having a Vegan Pregnancy, I am thrilled that another star is Vegan.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That is awesome!

I'm not pregnant and don't plan to be anytime soon but when it comes up in conversation someone always says know someone who was veg*n and got pregnant and decided to eat meat because they were craving it or their doctor told them it was unhealthy to not eat meat etc. Ugh!

Sent from my Motorola Photon using Tapatalk!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.