1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
there ,... I just wrote CBC news about their coverage

"embarassed to be Canadian!

It's an embasrassement ot see coverage of the Calgary Stampede events on CBC's news website which exhibit such horrible disregard towards animals' well-being as the steer wrestling, calf roping, bull riding and sadle bronco riding. I have to wonder how far we supposed "civilized" Canadians are ahead of ancient Rome with their barbaric "sports" involving cruelty, ... What's next year ; full-kill bull fights? Why not go all the way with the barbarism!

Grow up Canada! Get some Brains! Can't we find some entertainment not involving disrespect and pain towards other beings!

vegan, anti-"Calgary-Stampeder" from Halifax

"

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
At least you don't live in Calgary like I do. I have to see this crap everyday on the news, in the paper, etc. I missed the first protest but I'll be at the next one. It's times like these I'm ashamed to have been born in Calgary: Animal Cruelty Capital of Canada. Picking on animals is like picking on children.
People are taking their kids to this, teaching them that animals are just objects that we can abuse for our entertainment. I went to the rodeo and chuckwagons when I was a kid, and for a long time I just believed that Stampede was okay, that the animals who died weren't that important. I never thought of the fear and pain. I've grown up, I hope someday Calgary does too.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
I grew up in Hinton, OK and tonight they are having their anual Rodeo. Oklahoma's oldest continuous Rodeo. I thought it was cruel when I was a kid, and now I consider it the...... I am at a loss for words. I always thought the cowboys had to be a bit insane to even participate. But the stock owners are criminal.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Ugh.. I know.. the Stampede. Two years ago, a company I worked for whose head office is in Calgary actually sponsored the Stampede.

Calf roping? Are they trying to prove their manliness? The whole stampede thing is barbaric if you ask me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts