VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Laurel Gordon of Washington state has been putting on a tiara to promote milk products the past two years as Grays Harbor County's dairy ambassador.

The funny thing is, the 18-year-old from Elma is a lactose intolerant dairy princess.

The Daily World of Aberdeen reports that unless Gordon takes special pills, her body is unable to digest milk, so she drinks soy milk.

But her family operates a dairy farm that has been in the family for 150 years, and she believes in the product.

She's competing for the Washington state dairy ambassador title in June.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1OEeoBddB

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not sure how you want us to comment... On the one hand, I think its pretty silly to promote a product you can't medically drink, while I also think it is nice that she's continuing her family's legacy. (But maybe I'm too into heritage and tradition.)

·
Registered
20,214 Posts
I'm going with the silly here. It's like having a vegetarian promoting meat eating because he or she comes from a farming or ranching family. There have been members on VB who do come from farming or ranching families but who wouldn't want to promote that kind of business. I think this Dairy Princess is a little delusional. But that's just me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.