VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Al-Masry: What about animal lovers? Are you aware of how many people your lion-fighting plans have angered? People are threatening to boycott Egypt and any Egyptian products because of you.

Essawy: Thats because they dont understand what Im going to do. They think Im going to kill the lion. Im not going to kill it, nor will I be armed with a sword or dagger - those are all false reports circulated by the media for reasons I dont understand.

Al-Masry: So, youre not going to kill the lion?

Essawy: No. Unless its a matter of life or death, in which case I will be forced to kill it.

Al-Masry: When is fighting a lion not a matter of life or death?

Essawy: Its up to the lion. If he chooses to withdraw, or surrender, and lets me tie him up, then I will not kill him and the fight will end. But, like I said, if it comes down to either me or him, I will have to kill him. But I dont want to kill the lion, nor am I planning on it. I want to make that clear.

Al-Masry: What will you do with its corpse?

Essawy: I will have it stuffed (laughs).
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_873102.html
Also, this link, but it's been saying access denied, so here is the cache that has the quote above, and the rest of the interview: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

·
Registered
299 Posts
"It's up to him." Like the lion totally understands what's going on and the conditions of the fight. -rolleyes- It would never have to come down to "me or him" if you didn't put him in this situation to begin with.

Some people.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
so i guess it will be lions fault if her gets killed, because he made it a matter of life and death unlike the great human who just wanted to fight it without killing

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
he decided upon it because he saw the replies on VB to the statement that man is superior to beast.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Wow, that's crazy. How is he going to fight it exactly, without weapons, and without making himself at risk of being killed by the lion? Does he expect to fight it with his bare hands and actually tie it up? Even if a person was being fought by him and didn't understand the stakes of the fight or felt threatened, they would fight back before they let some creep tie them up. I imagine a lion, who would feel much more threatened, would act the same way.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Exactly how will he kill a lion if he doesn't have any weapons? Either he will have weapons on him or he will become dinner for the lion. I have never heard of a man whooping a lion's ass and killing it with his bare hands. Never.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I hope he gets eaten. (I probably don't really mean that... Probably
)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Exactly how will he kill a lion if he doesn't have any weapons? Either he will have weapons on him or he will become dinner for the lion. I have never heard of a man whooping a lion's ass and killing it with his bare hands. Never.
Um... ever heard of this guy called HERCULES?
First labor - kill the Nemean Lion, who's hide was impervious to all weapons.
He choked it to death. With his bare hands.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdead-goaway View Post

Um... ever heard of this guy called HERCULES?
First labor - kill the Nemean Lion, who's hide was impervious to all weapons.
He choked it to death. With his bare hands.
Oh, silly WerewolfGirl must have missed the message that Hercules is back on Earth! Leading a very successful business offering sanitary services for stables.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Quote:
In addition, al-Essawy believes his feat will have a darker political significance. "When I defeat the lion -- which I will -- I will pull an Israeli flag out of my pocket, and drape it over the lion, and put my foot on it," he said. "Israel led me to this, through all their atrocities which, as a child, I grew up watching on television. The message is that even though Israel and America may be as strong as a lion -- the strongest creature on the planet -- they, too, can be defeated."
Oh so he thinks some people are being bullied, and so his reaction is to bully and kill an animal? Often people who feel themselves to be oppressed are the worst in terms of finding someone they feel to be beneath them and being an even bigger bully than anyone has ever been to them. Humans who are bullied have a voice and real choices to make, animals have none.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Well, the poor lion is ****ed either way, so I hope that he'll at least prove that Earth lions will take out a lion of Olympus 10/10 times before he's shot for murder or being a menace to society or whatever or lion-lynching justification the people of Egypt come up with.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Where does he want to get the lion from anyway?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

)
I certainly wouldn't be sad if that happened.

Quote:
Oh so he thinks some people are being bullied, and so his reaction is to bully and kill an animal? Often people who feel themselves to be oppressed are the worst in terms of finding someone they feel to be beneath them and being an even bigger bully than anyone has ever been to them. Humans who are bullied have a voice and real choices to make, animals have none.
Yea, hurting an animal just because he's been hurt in the past proves nothing. His reasoning makes no sense. The lion has nothing to do with whatever may have been done to him in the past.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

)
I'd certainly mean that. It's better him get killed than the lion! The lion might get murdered for killing someone after, but if he's going to be slaughtered anyways, he might as well take that awful man with him!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I hope someone stops this insanity. Better yet, I hope he has some revelation about animals being sentient beings who do not exist for our use.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

I hope someone stops this insanity. Better yet, I hope he has some revelation about animals being sentient beings who do not exist for our use.
I hope so, too. How has someone not stopped this yet? If he was saying he was planning on assaulting and likely murdering a human I assume he'd be stopped, but why are there no laws preventing him from threatening to do the same with animals?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts