VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i knew i'd run into the old boss eventually, but i didn't expect her to come into where i now work!

for those of you who joined recently, i'll briefly explain what happened with my old job.

the manager was leaving early, and said she'd do a deposit on her way since i don't drive, it was just easier that way. she took money from the cash, held it in front of my face so i could see how much she took, and said "i'm taking $90, make sure you enter it into the books when you close up". so i did.

couple days later the head office big shot calls and starts yelling at me, where's the money etc. took me a few minutes to figure out which day's deposit he meant, i told him i'd think about it and get back to him, he said he'd call back in a couple hours.

so i thought til i remembered what had happened. i told the manager that i remembered her taking the cash and she must have misplaced it. she freaked out and said i was lying. so then she gets on the phone with her supervisor, and runs outside with it (cordless phone) so i can't hear the conversation. she comes back in a bit later and tells me to go home early because the store is dead. hmm. so i asked shouldn't i stay for when the dude calls back? she goes "nah he probably won't call today anyway, if he does i'll give him your home number". so i went home, didn't hear from him. she sends me a text message on my cell saying to come into work late the next morning, doesn't say why.

i'm always early though, i get there and her supervisor is there. odd, she works out of town. and she's interviewing someone. odd. i asked my manager and she said it was for an outside sales position. ok then.

about 10 minutes after the guy leaves, the supervisor corners me in the back room and hands me a notice of termination.

erm.

conspiracy? oh yes. the way i see it, they schemed to keep me out of the store at the times the boss would be calling so i wouldn't have an opportunity to say what really happened. so as far as he knows, i stole the cash.

but yeah me having remembered his email address, i emailed him later and explained everything that happened. i didn't get a response.

i knew the manager was going for surgery and would be away for a few weeks, but it dawned on me the other day that i haven't seen her car in front of the store since the week after i was let go. this was in march.

hmm.

so yesterday she wanders into where i work now, with her kids screaming behind her, and refuses to make eye contact with me. i figured i'd be the bigger person and ask how her operation went and so on, but she wouldn't even look at me.

bahahaha

so i'm helping another customer at the next cash, right beside her, and my customer loudly says "gee you're the best dang sales woman i've ever seen!!!"

baaaaahahahaha

("excuse me can you say that a little louder and to your right? thanks")

i almost burst a lung trying not to laugh when my coworker asked "the woman" if she needed to try anything on and she said "no i'm too cranky to try anything, if it doesn't fit i'll bring it back"

(she's always cranky)

mwuahahaha

ok i gotta go, see you all sunday night or monday

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys. of course i don't really know if anything happened concerning her job, she may have just taken extended leave because of her surgery, who knows. maybe one of these days i should go into the store and ask the pipsqueek that took my job. i already know he has a big mouth. the day he dropped off an application he stood around for 20 minutes telling me how much he made at a competing store and what their comission setup is like.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm. rumour has it that they (store i used to work at) might have to close if business doesn't pick up. a few stores have been affected by this massive road construction happening on the main road, parking lots are being blocked by paving crews etc.

sympathy? ummmm no

1 - 10 of 10 Posts