VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any natural remedies for making eczema a little more bearable. I get it on my hands pretty bad and it is driving me crazy. I have ointment that I put on it, but the ointment is kind of messy. Thanks gang.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I'll post a whole list of things I tried in the morning, for now I'll just post this one:

I take baths with quite some of salt in them when it gets real bad. It may hurt a bit (if I have bad open wounds/if the concentration is too high), but it does help me at least a little.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey there...

i had this exact prob at one point..at one time my hands were purple and so bad it looked like i had a disease (not to mention every time i went to move my fingers my skin would split open and bleed)i have tried tons of stuff but one thing that really worked (and this may sound wierd) but using humectress deep conditioner (by nexxus-sold in hair salons) as a hand lotion REALLY helped ALOT! and it's not greasy at all.. (better than any other lotion or cream i've tried anyhow) another remedy a former coworker told me that worked for her is to make a concoction of olive oil w/ a few tsp. of sugar added in a bowl and soak your hands in that for 20 min or so a day (this is an old italian remedy btw and i never tried it though she swore it worked for her) Another remedy you could try is to take plain oatmeal and add enough water to make a paste and slather that on (or do a hand soak in a bowl of water with oatmeal added) this is good for itching..another thing that helped me is a paraffin dip as well...

one more suggestion i have is to put your prescription cream on at night and wear cotton gloves to bed over it..

hope this helps you a bit and you find some relief!

·
Registered
0 Posts
well excema is caused by your diet. Yeah you may be a vegetarian but not a healthy one. what kind of foods do you eat?

tell me then I can help you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
excema is certainly NOT always caused by your diet...exposure to chemicals or even detergents or natural elements. mine was caused by working as a cosmotologist for 10 years...luckily now i'm a massage therapist so my hands are smooth as a baby's bottom!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts