VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"THE SOLUTION TO THE ENERGY CRISIS turns out to be, in part, mood lighting. You go with one gentle bulb, a 10-watt number that shoos away enough of the darkness to keep everyone at the table identifiable. We're having a delicious, if arguably dim, meal on a pleasant summer evening at a place called Earthaven. It's an "ecovillage." It's in western North Carolina, east of Asheville, in a notch in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We're off the grid, and deep inside one version of the human future."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...111400979.html

·
Registered
0 Posts
And they still eat animals.

I read the whole article, and it was disappointing.

Quote:
FOR A PLACE DEDICATED TO BEING SUSTAINABLE,

Earthaven has a fundamental problem: It's not. Not even close. No one pretends otherwise. There's not enough money, not enough labor.
At least they're making small changes, I guess.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've read about them from several sources and I was very disappointed to learn they grow almost none of their own food and actually buy meat at the store.....

But, they are trying to do something different from the mainstream, and I give them credit for that. They're one of the more successful attempts of this kind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.