VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem I have with soy products at the moment (and perhaps I should add that I live in the Netherlands) is that I had found a wonderful substitution for milk.. or so I thought.. until I discovered that the manifacturer used genetically modified soy..

as i do not wish to support an industry that makes wildlife disappear I wonder if anyone can recomment some brands that use ecologically sound soy?

Im interested to hear of products in both Europe and America -- as I intend to visit America again in the near future

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm in America, and as far as I know, Westsoy brand isn't genetically modified. I'm really bothered by all the genetic modifying. It's just gross to begin with, nevermind everything else that comes along with it.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I don't know about elsewhere, but in America, they're not allowed to label it "organic" if it's genetically modified. I drink Silk brand soy milk, which is always labeled organic, and fortified with vitamins B12 and D, which is very useful.

--Fromper

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Thing like this make you wonder.

Monsanto has developed a soybean that you can spray Roundup on anytime during the growing season, They did this so that when there patient runs out on Roundup all the farmers will need to buy it to treat there filds and crops hense be dependent on Monsanto

http://www.lycos.com/info/monsanto--roundup-ready.html

"While over 95 percent of soy planted in that country is Roundup Ready, Monsanto was forced to shut down its operations there in 2004 because it could not earn revenues," writes Marc Brammer, the Innovest senior analyst who authored the report. "The acres planted and penetration numbers touted by the marketing department suggest booming profits.

Check the links on the left of the link I posted

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m still figuring out the details of the effects of genetic modification myself, but through genetic modification the soy plant is made resistant against what is called a ‘non-selective’ insecticide, amongst others.. what happens next is that with the disappearance of the insects, the animals that live on insects disappear.. and so on and so forth.. exit wildlife..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts