VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience going to Orlando and eating vegan successfully at Disney w/o having to suffer with salads the entire time?

My first son - actually both of them - have tremedous allergies. So, that's another challenge.

It's been a couple of years, but on another board, I had read that a mom had worked with the staff ahead of time with regards to her son's allergies and were able to have sufficient food... granted they weren't vegan.

Just wondered if you had any tips based upon your experiences?

Is there a particular department I should call?

Frankly, we've never ever been but... we're considering tossing the regular Thanksgiving feast in favor of a trip down there. (So, heck, off topic but why not, if you've got other tips on saving money, where to stay, etc, please PM me that stuff separately?)

Thanks a bunch!!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

What are your sons' allergies?
Hmmm... how much time you have?

Well, let's see. Son#1 is allergic/intolerant of artificial food colors, artificial food flavors, several preservatives, foods high in salicylates, dairy, egg, soy, pork, CORN (ugh), etc.

Son#2 - dairy, egg, soy, gluten... and we keep him free of the artificials/preservatives, too. Corn and salicylates don't seem to affect him like they do for his brother. (And daddy for that matter but that's a different story.)

Son#1 is not vegan and is extremely picky eater - VERY difficult to get vegetables in him... only recently started to like carrots, for example. Son#2 is.

It isn't easy to get this family fed. *sigh*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.