VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the 'what did you eat today' thread made me wonder when people eat.

Do you have a breakfast , lunch , dinner (ie, has to be 3 meals a day)? Do you eat small amounts of food all day ?

I myself get up at about noon (sometimes I'm painting after midnight so there
and here is my general "eating pattern ;

1 ... have breakfast (at noon ..hehe). Bowl of cereal with soy milk or creme of wheat. Both seem to get a big handful of raisins put on them ..... Cup of tea.

2 ... between 1 and 6 pm I may have some fruit or a handful of nuts

3 ... have my main meal of the day . Prepared and cooked carefully and with attention
(I like cooking)

4 ... have some fruit and maybe nuts now and then at various times until maybe 2 am .. couple cups of tea in that time frame too. maybe a piece of toast or two in there also

5 ... go to bed at like 3 or 4 am

So , apart from my general time table being push up like 4 hours from many people, I really eat only one largish cooked meal a day and eat small things every now and then throughout the day. This is just how I feel like doing things

What do you folks tend to do (a general eating timetable)?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I graze all day. I eat little bits of things all morning starting around 8am (granola bars, fruit, hummus with veggies, etc.). I usually eat something sort of substantial for lunch--sandwich with some fruit or leftovers from the night before--around noon. Continued grazing in the afternoon--fruit, crackers, peanut butter sandwiches. Eat a meal around 6 or so--this can be anything from a couple bowls of cereal to a huge dinner in a restaurant. Usually another snack around 7 or 8pm and by that time, I'm full up for the day.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i normally have brekfast at 8 am which is always fruit...... lunch is at half 12 which is a sandwich and some fruit when im at work but when im home it can b anythign from soup to beans on toast!.... then i have tea at 6pm...... and sometimes more fruit later on in the night!!! hee hee

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have a breakfast, lunch and dinner along with two snacks - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. If I don't eat the snacks, my blood sugar drops and I get really light headed and funny feeling. Plus the afternoon snack helps me get through my evening workout. I also drink a lot of tea throughout the day - i like it better than coffee.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I graze. I usually eat oatmeal at 7am, eat a piece of fruit at 10, eat another piece of fruit at 11:30, eat lunch at 12:30, eat something else (fruit, junkffood or salad) at 2, dinner at 7 and then something else at 9.

I always get really hungry between 2 and 7, probably because throughout the rest of the day I eat every couple of hours. For me, it seems like I'm eating all the time even though I'm actually consuming less cals than what I used to eating 3x a day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I feel like I eat all day long, and I guess I do sorta. I have snacks with me at work and chew on something every couple hours.

7:30 breakfast usually soy yogurt or oatmeal or cereal

9am snack on fruit

11 am another snack: more fruit, or crackers, or granola bar

12noon lunch yum! usually a hefty salad and more fruit, sometimes a sandwhich or leftovers from dinner the night before

2 or 3pm I'm looking for a snack again, and this is my weak point when I eat junk food if there's any around. I try to bring something healthy but it doesnt always work out that way

5:30pm at home, usually have a quick snack like pita & hummus or nuts before hitting the gym/working out

8pm dinner. this is my biggest meal of the day and where I do all my cooking

·
Registered
142 Posts
i try to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday, with snacks between - but the times vary from day to day. i usually have a pretty big breakfast and dinner too - my favorite meals of the day

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I eat full size meals roughly every 3 hours from about 1 hour after I wake up to 2 hours before I go to sleep.

I wake up hungry in the morning.

I also snack when I am too lazy to cook, and that'll hold me over for an hour or so.

I will be so screwed when my metabolism slows.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
My eating pattern is divided into ten minute segments throughout the day. Every ten minutes, i keep asking myself "Is it time to put food into my body?" and if I don't feel full, I make soem food.

Yup, I graze.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I get up and usually grab something to bring with me to school- a piece of fruit, a bowl of cereal or oatmeal, a bagel, whaterver. I try to eat a snack in the morning around nine thirty or so... Lunch is at 12:30 or so if I can manage... I am awfully busy running around with my internship and babysitting and stuff. I try to eat a medium amount of food. Then I have a snack around three or so... dinner about five? That's when I eat a lot. Then I have a snack at around nine o clock. (I have a lot of snacks because if I don't my blood sugar tends to drop and I feel a little week and dizzy and people start saying "Do you feel alright???? You look pale!"

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I usually don't eat breakfast, but I found these new "Snapple a day" drinks that are fruit juice with soy, calcium, fiber and vitamins, so I am drinking those. I would love to graze all day, but I can't bc I am at work. I think I have successfully broken my habit of visiting the snack machine.

I eat a moderate lunch, and then I basically stuff myself in the evening. I eat from 5:30 till 10:30 at night. I think it is mostly boredom and frustration.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
" I basically stuff myself in the evening. I eat from 5:30 till 10:30 at night. "

Wow .. .you make it sound like 5 straight hours of stuffing your face ...

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dk_art

" I basically stuff myself in the evening. I eat from 5:30 till 10:30 at night. "

Wow .. .you make it sound like 5 straight hours of stuffing your face ...
Well, not quite. I eat dinner, and then I may have a couple snacks before bed, usually some fruit and popcorn or something like that.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm a grazer too. I eat often, but never stuff.

I get up at 4:00 a.m. and eat my favorite breakfast, sweet potatoes everyday!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts