VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't think too many people like to be bothered about their weight whether they are thin or larger. I am larger and my parents have made comments that bother me (a whole lot, too). I have told my father that I don't like anyone saying anything about my weight no matter what weight I am. I feel that I know how I look and when I want to do something about it I will. If I don't want to, too, that's okay by me.

But you are happy where you are with your weight and should not have to be explaining yourself to your mother so much. I would try to get up my nerve and sit down with her and say I want to talk about something and want her to listen. Then I would say I am fine and that it is upsetting me that she is often making comments related to my weight. I would also tell her thanks for her concern. Then I would say I want you to try to stop making those comments. I think the best time to have this conversation is when the air is clear and you feel pretty good. I agree the counseling could help if you want to go that route at some time-maybe family therapy. I wish you much luck with it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts