VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at my freshman year at a university and living on campus and away from home and kitchen for the first time in my life. I' eating all of my meals on campus and I was wondering if anyone has any advice on maintaining healthy eating habits and weight while living on campus and eating in the dining halls. I currently weight 108 pounds at 5'2. I've been a vegetarian for 6 years and I rarely drink milk or eat eggs.

·
Registered
747 Posts
just keep a good variety, try to focus on whole grain, veggies, fruits and non-fried or greasy foods. drinking a lot of water is always a good habit.<br><br><br><br>
you should be fine...<br><br>
a major base meal for me here is some sort of peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but then I get like some veggies, fruit and or beans with them. not exactly the most exciting combination but it tastes good and makes me happy!<br><br>
(I'd be more happy if this lame school had more vegan choices)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm going to be going to college, but because of my sensetivity to gluten, it will be really hard for me (I'm also vegan and high raw). I'm planning to do a large salad in the cafeteria at lunch then for dinner, do something in my dorm, like fruit or flax crackers with veggies, or something like that. I"m going to be taking lots of food with me and I'm planning to get a small refrigerator for my room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts