VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay! :laugh:

I just wanted to post a positive post in place of some of my crampier 'Why do I suddenly have a 10 day heavy cycle?' posts...

Maybe it took a while for being veg again to sink back in but this month, I had medium flow for half a day and light/medium the rest of the time which is TOTALLY MANAGEABLE. Plus It's only day 3 and I think it's easing off.

As per the last few months I've also had NO pms, no insomnia. Sleeping well, no cramps, in a great mood!

Slightly concerned that a) I don't quite know what made it like this but it's a fluke and that b) next one will be lighter and they'll stop all together which really doesn't help the whole trying to conceive thing but...

I'm just being a worry wart control freak.
Letting it go and appreciating flow (no pun intended). Thanks for the PMs and the thread help. Having more than 2 cycle a year at all is new to this 31 year old and awesome.

Now to see if maybe it can not be a 47 day regularity... ::kiss::

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah, balls.

I'm actually a little concerned this morning. It stopped yesterday afternoon. Which given that it started halfway through the day before yesterday makes it about 2 days with 1 day 'medium' and 1 day 'light' and normally it's heavy for 8 and light for 2.

I shouldn't be concerned I guess....? Has anybody else had this happen? I actually had a scan just after the last cycle to check for various hereditary things and they noted that my lining was 'more than ample' so it's not scant because I'm malnourished or something... where has this 'ample lining' gone?

I could make a doctor's appointment but it seems silly considering I'd actually gone 2 months ago to see why they were 10 days long and heavy for the last 5 or so...

I'm sure it's fine... fine....

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
Ah, balls.

I'm actually a little concerned this morning. It stopped yesterday afternoon. Which given that it started halfway through the day before yesterday makes it about 2 days with 1 day 'medium' and 1 day 'light' and normally it's heavy for 8 and light for 2.

I shouldn't be concerned I guess....? Has anybody else had this happen? I actually had a scan just after the last cycle to check for various hereditary things and they noted that my lining was 'more than ample' so it's not scant because I'm malnourished or something... where has this 'ample lining' gone?

I could make a doctor's appointment but it seems silly considering I'd actually gone 2 months ago to see why they were 10 days long and heavy for the last 5 or so...

I'm sure it's fine... fine....

You might find it extremely informative (and stress-relieving) to make an appointment with a Registered Dietitian who specializes in maternal nutrition, and in vegetarian nutrition. Such dietitians have detailed understanding of nutrition, fertility, and pregnancy.

You can ask your physician to refer you to such a Registered Dietitian, or you can choose one yourself through the Association of UK Dietitians: http://www.freelancedietitians.org/ (are you in the UK?).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Y'know what? I'll do that. I saw a dietician with the whole Coeliac thing but not a vego one or one with fertility in mind. Not in the UK but it's possible. Thankyou, and good point!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts