VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to get a bit creative last night. I had some left over green lentils and kidney beans and half a tin of diced tomatoes. Don't know the amounts but you get the idea.

Roasted or pan fried potatoes

Lentils & Kidney beans

Tin of diced tomatoes

Diced fresh tomatoes

Grated cheese (or cheese sub)

Mexican seasoning (or even a taco mix)

Cut potatoes into thin slices and place the slices from one potato on dinner plate in a circular fashion.

After mixing the canned tomatoes with the lentils, beans and mexican flavouring spoon the mixture on top.

Place the slices from the second potato on top and sprinkle with cheese/cheese sub.

Stick it in the oven on a mid temp for about 10mins or until cheese melts - turn on the browning element (if you have one) a couple of minutes before serving.

[edit: I forgot the tomatoes]

If you eat sour cream put a big spoonful on top and sprinkle the diced tomato over it.

Watch out though because the plate will be hot!

BTW the Mexican seasoning I have is actually made for steak - though it is itself entirely vegan. Anyone else find uses for products that are ment for meat? Another useful one is those marinating sachets - mmm lemon flavoured lentils.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That potatoe thing does sound good.

When I go out to eat at a local mexican food place, I always order their Papa (potato) nachos. I have them put refried beans on the potatoes, then lettuce, tomato and avacado. I add picante sauce to it and Voila! I have a nummy meal!! I bet some beans and rotel would be tastey on top of those tators. Awww, shucks....just about anything tastes good on tators.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Wow! That sounds awesome!

I'm always trying to come up with interesting uses for leftovers. Most of them turn out not so good (i.e., the green bean, mac-n-cheeze, lentil casserole I made while in college--yikes! )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.