VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Does anyone have a recipe or a source for fake "ham"? Easter is fast approaching and I would like to start figuring out some ideas on what to serve as I am hosting it at my house.

Thanks,
Laura

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saxy,
Thank you soooooo much. That looks wonderful. I can't wait to make it. I love that website, too. I'm all about different ethnic foods.

Laura

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I hope you enjoy it! I have her cookbook and everything I've made from it has been excellent. The ham was great as an entree but even better sliced thin and eaten on a sandwich the next day. (It also made a nice grilled cheese with some daiya.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oooh....that looks good! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
you can contact Rabid Child on here, she's a mod. She made a really good one for Easter 2 yrs ago.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
The thing that makes me go 'huh?' about that recipe is that I just don't see it being salty. When I think 'ham' I think salt and a little bit of smoke. The smoke is there, but the salt? I haven't eaten ham in over 20 years, so I'm probably not the best one to ask though

(1 tsp + the soy sauce adds salt, but would it be salty?)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
True, it isn't a particularly salty recipe. The smokiness and the bit of sweetness from the pineapple are stronger flavors. It's definitely a more caribbean take on a ham.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Wow, it's looks like a great recipe. Seitan is really pretty easy once you get used to it and remember to buy cheesecloth!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.